Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

falken sidewalls

Old 09-29-2012, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default falken sidewalls

I've been eagerly waiting for my stock tires to wear out so that I could upgrade to a more offroad friendly tire. I have the 225s and want go larger..as in 31s or 32s. I love the Nitto trail grapplers in the 255 75 17 size but my practical side tells me that its overkill for me. (DD, offroad once every month or two) Recently I've started looking at the Falken Wildpeaks which get very good reviews too. The problem is, most on the forum run the larger sizes and the size I'm looking at..255 70 17..isn't load rated, more of a "P metric" tire?? I noticed by looking at the specs that the tread depth is down compared to the larger sizes and it weighs in at 42 lbs if I remember right, compared to 58.4 for the Nitto.

So, what I'm getting at is this: Does this size have more sidewall strength than other "P metric" tires? I want something that I don't have to worry about offroad. Wheeling on the Goodyear STs has me nervous when the family and I are off the beaten path and I want more peace of mind.

Quick Reply: falken sidewalls