Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Falken rocky mountain tires??!

Old 05-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Falken Tire Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Kudos to falken for stepping in and helping out the guy having problems. Real stand up thing to do. Unfortunately, all of falken's tires may as well be racing flats for all the good they'd do me in the east coast mud. Bring on the mud terrains. And don't try to pass off aggressive ATs as MTs. I'm not buying that.
We are working on an M/T but believe me our A/T can keep up with most M/T's. At Moabour JK walked through Pritchett Canyon and Lower Healdorado at Area BFE with no problems even on sections were guys with much larger M/T tires needed to be winched.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need to make them look more aggressive with some larger side lugs and more meaty looking for me...looking forward to seeing your M/T's. Any chance when the M/T's maybe out or any sneak-peeks of what they may look like? I will be in the market for a set of M/T's this summer and would consider Falken's!
Old 05-18-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

These look pretty sweet, does anyone have any comments on how they handle snow?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nukeman
Not the Rocky Mountain's, but similar. I purchased a set of the Falken High Country's for my Tundra back in Feb. They now have approx. 5k on them and look like they have 25k on them. They have worn quicker than any tire I have ever owned. 90% highway, 10% in town driving, no towing, no off-road. The dealer I purchased them from won't stand behind them either. Truck has been inspected by a professional shop, with no issues.

These will be the last set of Falken's I will EVER own.
UPDATE: Andrew at Falken Tire contacted me soon after this post. He put me in touch with their accounting department who worked directly with the Falken dealer of my choice. Long story short, Falken replaced my tires with a new set of the Wild Peak's at no charge. Because of Andrew and Barb (accounting), my impression of falken has changed 100%. They are a stand-up company and truely believe that their customer's are what pay their bills and make their reputation. Kudos to Falken from one extremely satisfied customer!

BTW, so far, I love the Wild Peak's. Great looking tire, very smooth ride. I'll report more as they see mileage.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nukeman

UPDATE: Andrew at Falken Tire contacted me soon after this post. He put me in touch with their accounting department who worked directly with the Falken dealer of my choice. Long story short, Falken replaced my tires with a new set of the Wild Peak's at no charge. Because of Andrew and Barb (accounting), my impression of falken has changed 100%. They are a stand-up company and truely believe that their customer's are what pay their bills and make their reputation. Kudos to Falken from one extremely satisfied customer!

BTW, so far, I love the Wild Peak's. Great looking tire, very smooth ride. I'll report more as they see mileage.
WOW! That's awesome and it may have just changed my mind and will sway me toward going with Falken. I really like more aggressive looking tires so hoping for some mud terrains but from everything I have seen from the Wild Peaks, it might be the smart choice. Any chance of some bigger sizes like 38x14.50's? And maybe a ballpark ETA on the MT's? Props and kudos to Falken. Great job!

Quick Reply: Falken rocky mountain tires??!