Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Falken rocky mountain tires??!

Old 05-18-2011, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a pic of 33" Falken Wild Peaks on my Jeep
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60385331@N04/5664974176/
I have had these on my Jeep for 3,500 miles so far and love them so far. They are extremely quiet on the road. I have only had them offroad on the beach in loose sand and not aired down and they did great. I had them down in Daytona this past weekend on the obstacle course and they performed well in all of that as well. They ride very smooth too, no vibrations whatsoever. I had a set on my 2006 TJ that I just traded in 3 months ago to get my TJ and had about 15000 miles on them and they looked just like the day I had them installed.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hifirush
I bought a set of 35's (34 inches mounted) Rocky Mountains and could NOT be happier. They are great on road, quiet and smooth. I have them aired down to 30 PSI (which as far as my TPMS lets me go.... need to fix that still) and have no complaints. The dealer said they would be great at 26-28 PSI, but again, I need to address that.

But off road they are darned good as well. I have not taken them in mud, but hill climbing, hard pack Texas dirt and some rocks, they are great!

I have had Falken tires on my other cars in the past and think they were also good tires. They wear well, quiet and had the performance that I expected. In fact, I am looking a HT tire of Falkens for my Navigator.

They offer great value and performance that will surpass your expectations!
I take mine down to 18 lbs , no problem
Old 05-18-2011, 04:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wannabewheeler
How have the Falkens handled this crazy Texas rain we get? How these tires handle in the rain is my main concern.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well with the rain we get here in FL , they do amazing on wet roads.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Got about 4k on my falken wp and they are handling the road conditions great. Lots of rain in my area and some snow over the winter. Can't wait to go off road and try them there. I run 30psi and seem to be wearing great.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
How have the Falkens handled this crazy Texas rain we get? How these tires handle in the rain is my main concern.
Great.......
Old 05-18-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have any experience with these tires but after seeing them in the JK Experience DVD I'd certainly consider them. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that my tires last until Falken comes out with a mud tire ; )
Old 05-18-2011, 10:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Kudos to falken for stepping in and helping out the guy having problems. Real stand up thing to do. Unfortunately, all of falken's tires may as well be racing flats for all the good they'd do me in the east coast mud. Bring on the mud terrains. And don't try to pass off aggressive ATs as MTs. I'm not buying that.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
These tires are great in the Texas rains! NO hydroplaning and no wandering.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wannabewheeler
That is what I'm talking about! I need to chip it and get the pressure down. Where do you play at here in DFW and area?

Quick Reply: Falken rocky mountain tires??!