Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Failing t-case?? About to explode??

Old 11-15-2013, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failing t-case?? About to explode??

Hey guys i have just added front and rear 1310 driveshaft from coast driveline in my 2010 JKU rubicon... Now i have this loud Grinding noise in 2wd only when i take the traction control off and get the tires to spin.. Took it to a buddys shop and the yoke at the t case came loose a bit. Even though I Thighten her up at 160lb... So we tighten her up again and she was fine.. But i still have this little Grinding noise when im in 2wd and the traction control is off and it is coming from the t case. Wont do it in 4hi or 4 low. Just talk to a tech at chrysler and he said i could be some bearings in the t case... Anyone else had that issue? Is it worth rebuilding? Or upgrading it would be ideal...? Money is not an issue but.. Im trying to get chrysler to pass it under warranty..

I did some research on the forum but seems like im having a different issue with my tcase than Anyone else...

Tanks in advance
Old 11-15-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What degree is your caster set to? If it's set too high, this will cause heavy stress and wear on you t-case

Sent from iPhone moderating JK-Forum.com
Old 11-15-2013, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Caster is at 4.5*... I dont have any vibrations.. Just grinding noises
Old 11-17-2013, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone else had that issue??

Quick Reply: Failing t-case?? About to explode??