Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Factory steering stabilizer?

Old 09-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I would keep the stock stabilzer like Mark said, and relocate it. No reason to go aftermarket unless you damage the stock unit, or it starts to leak.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mines got a nice bend in the body

Sent from my Obama phone using JK-Forum
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1433015852.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	497554  
Old 09-15-2013, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I recently installed the Synergy relocation bracket and tie-rod clamp on my 2013 JKU. I dig the relo kit but the Synergy SS is pulling me to the left and it's driving me nuts.

I only got a new SS because I damaged my stock SS on some rocks. The only difference I feel is the slight vibration I used to feel when hitting bumps with my duratracs is gone. But that little bit of vibration beats having to fight to keep my JK in a lane of traffic. I shoulda just found another stock SS and saved the $. I'm hoping this SS will break in or something and stop pulling!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:42 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by flomingo
... I'm hoping this SS will break in or something and stop pulling!
Unlike a pressurized shock, a SS should not pull. It just dampens movement in either direction. If you disconnect it and it extends or retracts on its own, then something is amiss--contact Synergy. It should be difficult to push either direction. If it stays still when you aren't pushing or pulling, and has pressure when you do, then it's not what is pulling your Jeep--look elsewhere. Suggest you start with tire pressure.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

I recently installed the Synergy relocation bracket and tie-rod clamp on my 2013 JKU. I dig the relo kit but the Synergy SS is pulling me to the left and it's driving me nuts.

I only got a new SS because I damaged my stock SS on some rocks. The only difference I feel is the slight vibration I used to feel when hitting bumps with my duratracs is gone. But that little bit of vibration beats having to fight to keep my JK in a lane of traffic. I shoulda just found another stock SS and saved the $. I'm hoping this SS will break in or something and stop pulling!
Is it a gas charged stabilizer?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
is it a gas charged stabilizer?
The synergies are, and also include a shrader valve so at least the pressure could be adjusted...sounds over-pressurized - I believe it's supposed to be around 40 or so but I'm sure someone on here will know exactly...

Last edited by lkinmond; 09-15-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lkinmond

The synergies are, and also include a shrader valve so at least the pressure could be adjusted...sounds over-pressurized - I believe it's supposed to be around 40 or so but I'm sure someone on here will know exactly...
Gas charged stabilizers can definitely cause the pulling. It is probably something that you will get used to if it isn't real bad.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Unlike a pressurized shock, a SS should not pull. It just dampens movement in either direction. If you disconnect it and it extends or retracts on its own, then something is amiss--contact Synergy. It should be difficult to push either direction. If it stays still when you aren't pushing or pulling, and has pressure when you do, then it's not what is pulling your Jeep--look elsewhere. Suggest you start with tire pressure.
It extends all on its own. I had to seriously push on it to get it to retract at all. I thought the Synergy was supposed to be a low pressure gas charged shock and not supposed to pull. I'll give synergy a call.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

It extends all on its own. I had to seriously push on it to get it to retract at all. I thought the Synergy was supposed to be a low pressure gas charged shock and not supposed to pull. I'll give synergy a call.
Yeah, would be worth getting their feedback. Typically most gas charged SS come over-pressurized and you just have to let a bit out - I know Fox ones are like that.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

How do u know if it's bad? Aka the oem one?

Sent from my Obama phone using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Factory steering stabilizer?