Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Factory Spring Isolator Question

Old 03-24-2015, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Spring Isolator Question

Just installed my 2in spacer lift, the directions indicated that I should leave the factory isolators in place and install the spacers on top off/in addition to. For the front that seemed ok, but on the rear, it seems that could allow the spacer/spring to shift without a "center post" to keep the spacer centered.

by installing the spacer on top of the spring isolator on the rear, will have experience any issues?
Old 03-24-2015, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

From the directions I was given.. The coil spacers should go on first.. then the factory isolators.. But I was going to remove the factory and just use the coil spacers.. which according to the supplier can be done.. But this is all in the past. Gave the coil spacers away to an unsuspecting jeeper in NC over the weekend.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:54 AM
Former Vendor

Normal installation should be... Spacer, isolator, spring.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not to beat a dead horse but it's coil spacer, factory isolator then the spring. I just did this two weeks ago.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

depends on what brand as some are different and require the spacer first then isolator and vise versa and some you don't use the isolator at all ie aev 2" spacer.

Quick Reply: Factory Spring Isolator Question