Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Factory lockers mod to use in 4wd Hi??

Old 11-11-2007, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory lockers mod to use in 4wd Hi??

I was hoping someone could tell me how, if it is possible, to mod the factory rubicon so the electronic lockers will function in 4wd Hi.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/bofer84s-locker-mod-write-up-11941/ here's all the info you'll need.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I'm guessing this will void the warranty? Does anyone know for sure?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

Default make it harder for them to tell

I don't have pictures but I will try to explain.

Under the hood on the back right corner there are 2 relays. Each one controls a locker. Pull the battery and remove the battery box bolts to give you room to pull the harness up. Instead of splicing into the wires next to the relay splice a lot farther down the harness so that your connections will be hidden by the battery box. Run you wires to your switch. Replace the wiring harnes under the battery box, bolts and battrey. Now run the ground wires together and place a pin connector in the wire between the switch and ground so that it can be accessed behind the access panel on either side. Mine is on the passenger side next to the door. When I go to the dealer I just unplug the pin connection and the switches no longer work.

Just a thought. I don't know if the black box records the lockers use or not but
I'm not going to make it easy for them. for the record if the lockers are not broken why would a dealer search for the mod anyway. Kind of sound like unlaw search to me.

Quick Reply: Factory lockers mod to use in 4wd Hi??