Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Factory front bumper bolts

Old 12-26-2012, 10:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Factory front bumper bolts

I need some help. Long story short, I have a mopar Offroad front bumper that was installed by the dealership a couple years ago with factory tow hooks that were added. I am replacing that bumper and I realized when I got it off, the bolts look as if they are one piece, attached to the factory tow hooks. Are they one piece or can I get the bolts off to use for install on the new bumper? I tried using a mallet and they didn't budge. I have sold the factory hooks with the mopar front bumper so I am trying to figure out if I need to purchase new hardware (doubt new bumper comes with it) or can I remove the bolts from my factory tow hooks and use them for the new bumper install? Thanks ahead of time!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
I need some help. Long story short, I have a mopar Offroad front bumper that was installed by the dealership a couple years ago with factory tow hooks that were added. I am replacing that bumper and I realized when I got it off, the bolts look as if they are one piece, attached to the factory tow hooks. Are they one piece or can I get the bolts off to use for install on the new bumper? I tried using a mallet and they didn't budge. I have sold the factory hooks with the mopar front bumper so I am trying to figure out if I need to purchase new hardware (doubt new bumper comes with it) or can I remove the bolts from my factory tow hooks and use them for the new bumper install? Thanks ahead of time!
A new bumper should come with bolts as you mentioned the factory bumper uses the towhook bolts as the attachment point
Old 12-26-2012, 11:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution

A new bumper should come with bolts as you mentioned the factory bumper uses the towhook bolts as the attachment point
Thanks for the reply! Looks like I have to purchase some new hardware!

Quick Reply: Factory front bumper bolts