Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Face lift help.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a 1" or 3/4" Teraflex front spacer and Spidertrax wheel spacers and you will be set.

If you ever have to take it in for warranty everything could be removed in no time.

Get everything from here;
http://www.northridge4x4.com/

Dave will set you up and he is a member here on the forum.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rokus
Thank you for all the responses. It's some very useful info you all provided me with and I am definiitely leaning towards a coil lift but was wondering whether the fact that I have a manual transmission complicates things? Doing so would void any warranty though, right?

Thanks again,

Robin
If you all want to do is remove the front rake then keep is simple and use 3/4" or 1" spacers. As far as mods go they are inexpensive and easy to install. Lifts are great, but as you increase the amount of lift on your Jeep you also increase the amount of items that may need to be adjusted or replaced to compensate for the lift. The OME coil and shock lift that I installed required both axles to be recenter with new adj track bars and the steering wheel had be re-centered. All this is relatively easy to install with some basic tools and common sense. Spend some time reading prior threads on this forum before you make a final decision on mods for you JK. Good luck.

x2 on David at Northridge 4x4. He knows his stuff and is a great contributor on this forum.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Does anyone have experience with the Rough Country 1.75 Suspension lift? Looks like that would do the trick, no? Whats the benefit of using a coil lift instead?
Old 01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can you speed that animation up and add some hoopty music?

Quick Reply: Face lift help.