Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Face lift help.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Face lift help.

I need some help fellas as I'm pretty new to this. Check out the picture below to see what I want to do my JK. It's a slightly exaggerated front lift in the animation but you get the idea. It really bothers me that the front end hangs so low. It looks crippled and weak. What is the easiest way to level it out without having to spend a fortune and losing warrantys.

why are they even made that way? Does it bother anyone else?

And while I'm at it, what do you think of spidertrax wheel spacers? Anyone use them?

Any help or tips are much appreciated.

Last edited by Rokus; 01-12-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rokus
I need some help fellas as I'm pretty new to this. Check out the picture below to see what I want to do my JK. It's a slightly exaggerated front lift in the animation but you get the idea. It really bothers me that the front end hangs so low. It looks crippled and weak. What is the easiest way to level it out without having to spend a fortune and losing warrantys.

why are they even made that way? Does it bother anyone else?

And while I'm at it, what do you think of spidertrax wheel spacers? Anyone use them?

Any help or tips are much appreciated.

Teraflex 1" JK Front Coil Spacers from Northridge4x4.

My rake was a bit more than stock after I slapped a bumper and winch on there. 1" raised it perfectly. Might be a bit much without that extra weight on the front. I'm sure others have boosted the front a bit with a stock bumper and will provide feedback.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:11 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

what you are seeing is a factory rake and this is actually put there on purpose. but, if you really want to level out your jeep, all you need to do is install as set of coil spacers. most likely a pair of 3/4" spacers will do the trick.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

if you aren't going to lift your jeep in the future just put in a 3/4" spacer as eddie suggested. otherwise just put on the rough country 2.5" coil lift and call it done. It will fix the rake and level it out.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:27 PM
JK Newbie

What are the benefits to installing a coil lift opposed to just putting in spacers? And whats the cost of spacers vs lifts? Will I have to adjust anything else in the car so it doesn't affect its ESP/BAS (computer system)?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

spacers will not improve your ride, most coil lifts will. do some searching in this very forum and you will find loads of information on lifts, certainly on 2.5" lifts.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

I am with you, I do not like the factory front rake, it needs to go. There are many ways to accomplish this as mentioned above.

There are many threads on this site on this exact topci: Search "rake" 2" or "2.5" lifts and "wheel spacers" or "spidertrax" (wheel spacers).

Check out this thread to give you a good base line understanding of mods on your JK https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/modified-tech-faq-answers-questions-every-newbie-has-18617/

My $.02 on Spidertrax spacers is they work great and are safe as long as you install them correctly i.e. with the proper amount of torque with red locktite and you check them from time to time for safety. Don't bother with any of the cheap spacers you can get at a local auto parts store or Ebay, many are not safe.

Last edited by IMFletch; 01-13-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you for all the responses. It's some very useful info you all provided me with and I am definiitely leaning towards a coil lift but was wondering whether the fact that I have a manual transmission complicates things? Doing so would void any warranty though, right?

Thanks again,

Robin

Last edited by Rokus; 01-14-2009 at 08:27 AM. Reason: found some typos
Old 01-14-2009, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just did the RC 2.5" lift which is 3 in front, 2.5 in the rear and leveled it out nicely. I think the rake is for aerodynamics personally, as I lost about 1 mpg without any other changes. Maybe just my imagination, but it sure seems to be working out this way.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Might affect the handling a little bit as the caster will be set back.

Quick Reply: Face lift help.