Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fabtech 'love "em or hate 'em"

Old 06-19-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabtech 'love "em or hate 'em"

I've been trying to decide on which 4" lift kit is right for me for a while now....and yes it is hard. Many of you have threads on your 4" lifts and how well they perform.

I can't seem to find any definite reviews on the Fabtech 5" lift system for our JK's....I suppose there aren't many people running it yet, but I'd like to know what everyone's opinions are on the lift. It seems very well priced to me....considering it does have adjustable components.

I also assume that it would only yield about 4" of lift on my 4dr....but I would have to be prepared to change out my front driveshaft since I'm running in an auto.

Any opinions on this lift?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

"Love them or hate them"
This is funny. My wife HATES them! She worked in the chair manufacturer next to their now-closed Brea office. She always complained that they were stuck up jerks. They would park in my wife's parking area all the time. But, if she would park in theirs they would storm over and raise hell!

This is my take on them. I bought their flat, bed mount pre-runner (their real specialty - not Jeeps) tire mount for the bed of my CJ. It was great quality and never let me down. But, I never saw Jeeps at their building. They were all about pre-runners and street trucks. Two friends of mine bought their best TJ kit and both fell apart before we could get them through Sledgehammer Trail. They just weren't built for real rock crawling. The welds broke, the parts bent.

I know nothing about the JK stuff and their current quality (especially since they've relocated). But, if I ever buy anything from them my wife would kill me

Last edited by mizedog; 06-20-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Don't know about the JK, but I had FabTech on my TJ. After a serious incident with a broken bolt, I went through hell with them. Since it had never happened before, they said more or less I was a liar. Customer service? What's that? The lousiest ever, very unpleasant and up-front idiot replies. So, for me - never again... However, I was pretty pleased with the over-all quality. (Just my 50cents)
Old 06-22-2008, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

Old 06-22-2008, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't know about there Jeep kits, but I had a 6inch lift on my old 2wd Silverado and it did alright. I think they make better street truck kits, I wouldn't use them for a jeep. Remember you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: Fabtech 'love "em or hate 'em"