Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OR fab tire carrier rusting!!

Old 07-08-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did mine a couple of weeks back. I'm kind of disappointed with it. There are some rattles that I can't get rid of. I will be taking the wheel off this weekend to readjust and it was a complete PAIN IN THE ASS to install. I have some surface rust and the the plastic end caps on the T handle won't stay in. Putting the support bar in the driver's side taillight area was just stupid hard...even with a right angle drill and the proper handtools.

I kinda wish I would have saved for a bumper/tire carrier...I hope I feel better about it after a readjust this weekend.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Goeagles88
I did mine a couple of weeks back. I'm kind of disappointed with it. There are some rattles that I can't get rid of. I will be taking the wheel off this weekend to readjust and it was a complete PAIN IN THE ASS to install. I have some surface rust and the the plastic end caps on the T handle won't stay in. Putting the support bar in the driver's side taillight area was just stupid hard...even with a right angle drill and the proper handtools.

I kinda wish I would have saved for a bumper/tire carrier...I hope I feel better about it after a readjust this weekend.
Hope you get everything straightened out with it! Adjusting it is a major PITA!!

I wished the same thing about the bumper/tire carrier, but I still like ORfabs design a lot. I'm having a local shop help out with the sagging issue from the bolts not being tight. I just don't have the tools!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Got my carrier situation settled!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

I installed mine this weekend, no preload issues yet, I did have to wrench down on the landing block pretty hard after about 20 miles of washboarded roads, after that, alls well. As for rust, I'm in Arizona what is "rust"

Quick Reply: OR fab tire carrier rusting!!