Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OR fab tire carrier rusting!!

Old 06-30-2011, 10:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK.nick
So you've got foam on BOTH driver and passenger sides? Im gonna have to pay my dealer a little visit. Knowing them, they will have no idea what it is

HELP.
Tell me about it...I have a tailgate rattle and they can't find it. I am not imagining it I just am glad they are mod friendly I say if they can't figure out what it is, rip it off and have them give you some foam!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by debsJK

Tell me about it...I have a tailgate rattle and they can't find it. I am not imagining it I just am glad they are mod friendly I say if they can't figure out what it is, rip it off and have them give you some foam!
sad thing is, my dealer probably doesn't even know half the stuff on my jeep is aftermarket. I'm gonna have to take it out, but how do I get JB welds out??
Old 06-30-2011, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Okay here is why i can't get into the passenger taillight side from below....

Wtf is it?
I had this in mine too. Mine snaps in and out though, easily removed. Kinda like a panel. Just pop it out, do the work from underneath, and pop the thing back on. It was very simple.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Easier to remove it from inside the pass. Taillight hole, or through the underside of the jeep?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:48 PM
JK Jedi

So you've got foam on BOTH driver and passenger sides? Im gonna have to pay my dealer a little visit. Knowing them, they will have no idea what it is

HELP.
My '09 has foam on both sides, so does my brother's 2010.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

GAH. I got that little plastic piece off, now tightening the bolts has became easier. It's still a sore on my wrists though. I can feel the carrier getting tighter, but even the slightest down pressure on the latch side causes it to drop drastically.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just installed my carrier this weekend. I don't have my new 35s yet, but knowing the extra weight would be mounted, I tightened the carrier to the point where the arm lines up about halfway UP on the catch mechanism. I need to push down a bit to get it to rest flush with the catch, but it opens & closes fine. Even if the added weight of a 35 spare, rotopax cans, and other doohickeys doesn't line everything up perfectly, I'd rather the carrier be a tad high than low. This added upwards pressure helps rid of potential rattle issues too. I'm loving this carrier
Old 07-05-2011, 09:16 AM
JK Freak

Just got mine on yesterday. My husband cursed a few times and it took a little while, but so far I'm loving it...[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-08-2011, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by debsJK
Just got mine on yesterday. My husband cursed a few times and it took a little while, but so far I'm loving it...[IMG][/IMG]
NICE! I can't wait to put mine on, it's in the garage waiting for some help
Old 07-08-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Freak

I would def get an extra set of hands

Quick Reply: OR fab tire carrier rusting!!