Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OR-FAB tire carrier question

Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey GCM 2,

Is your OR-FAB tire carrier one of the original before they redesigned it for Rotopax cans? I like the fact of having the ability of carrying 2 5 gal. fuel cans verses 2 3 gal. Rotopax fuel cans.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all of the posts! I am thinking about the non can carrier so I think that would not be as much of an issue with the departure angle or weight. Looks like this will be what I end up getting, thanks again!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Baddintentions4u
Hey GCM 2,

Is your OR-FAB tire carrier one of the original before they redesigned it for Rotopax cans? I like the fact of having the ability of carrying 2 5 gal. fuel cans verses 2 3 gal. Rotopax fuel cans.
Yep, it sure is the original design, about three years old now and holding up exceptionally well considering the amount of hard wheeling I have put it through. Two years with a 35" tire and one with a 40" tire hanging on it. I run the plastic military fuel cans (mfg by Scepter), so it was an easy choice, I'm not a big fan of storing fuel inside the rig, dangerous and you will never get the scent out. By the way, I would not write those Rotopax cans off just yet, if you can see the set up in person it may change your mind. They are pretty sweet.

Also to the OP, brutalvette, take a look at the new slimmer version designed to run the Rotopax cans, it still gives you a tight profile to the vehicle, but allows you to run fuel/water cans if you need. It really is a better design than my older Jerry can version
Old 10-05-2011, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

As you can see in the pic the roto version doesn't stick out as far as the jerry can version. I love mine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110808_135601.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	219433  

Quick Reply: OR-FAB tire carrier question