Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OR-Fab tire carrier

Old 07-11-2012, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by afpilot82
You have to adjust the washers on the hinge side so the carrier sits just a little high on the landing block. Then once the weight of the tire is on there it'll sit perfect. I have the non-can version, I think mine ended up being about 1/4" high if I remember right.
So I have to actually move the washers to different spots? My carrier is beginning to sag so bad that I have to lift it a bit to latch it up.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the Jerry can version and after one year I has not sagged. Mine touches a bit less than 1/4in lower and when I close the latch it locks very snugly. It virtually does not sag more when the cans are full. Very good product even though or-fab could improve the painting.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love mine but some of the hardware has backed off, after letting my knuckles heal after the install ive been putting off retightening, still a great product IMO
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1166741366.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	339969  

Quick Reply: OR-Fab tire carrier