Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OR-Fab Sportcage

Old 01-14-2012, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OR-Fab Sportcage

After seeing some video and pictures of JK's that have gone rubber side up I have a few concerns about the factory sport cage.....I am thinking of the OR-Fab Sportcage. Has anyone seen one of these put to the test yet? If so can you direct me to some pics or video.....I can't seem to find any pics or video of this unit that has been tested.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:26 PM
JK Jedi

I'm pretty sure there is a YouTube video of a TJ with an OR-Fab cage taking a good tumble at Moab. Everyone walked away safely and the roll was NOT pretty. I've got an OR-Fab cage and I don't even have a lift yet. Having been in a rollover before, putting in a cage was at the top of my list. I hope to never test it out offroad but if it happens I am very confident that my cage (which runs to the floor) will provide me with significantly more protection than the stock setup.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They can save your life in the event of a roll over!! The OR-FAB cage with floor supports is next on my mod list.

Read this article...watch the video too:

w w w.stu-offroad.com/guards/sportbar/roll-4.htm
Old 01-15-2012, 08:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am considering a Smittybilt SRC Sports Cage for my replacement 2012 when I get it (hopefully it will be this coming Friday
Old 01-15-2012, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
I am considering a Smittybilt SRC Sports Cage for my replacement 2012 when I get it (hopefully it will be this coming Friday
Scooby, I ran across you in another thread, saw your Jeep, and that is when I decided that I would have to do something....I saw, as most have probably seen, the TJ rolling down the tunnel at Hells Revenge.....If you notice the front windshield not collapsing during that roll, I knew there had to be something in that Jeep....it is the OR-Fab....kind of sells me....as far as the Smitty stuff.....I had the XRC sliders on my Jeep......they made the worst noise during the slightest of body flex (releasing the clutch on my flat driveway).....so I am doing a little more studying on them.....seems to be some complaints about the fit of their rear bumper as well.... I get concerned when I hear stuff like that......especially if it is protecting my head and neck. And I am glad you are ok after that mishap with the idiot in the intersection.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default Pulled the trigger on an OR-Fab Sport cage

After many hours of head scratching and reading I decided to call David at Northridge today and pull the trigger on an OR-Fab Sport cage.....a little bummed out but excited.....7-14 day lead time.....gives me a little time to get the guts to start cutting on my baby!!!!!.....lol

Quick Reply: OR-Fab Sportcage