Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OR FAB Rocker Panel Rails (part number 84307)

Old 03-28-2011, 11:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I am just getting ready to pull the trigger on these myself. I'm also pulling the stock plastic bumpers and am planning on running OR-FAB all the way around.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:54 AM
JK Freak

I like their rear bumper and it's priced right. I going to purchase that for sure.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Default Do the OR Fabs work as a step?

I am getting ready to buy these but have a 5 year old and need to know if they work as a step also?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Been considering these as well. Really like the looks of them and they do look like they would work well as a step for the wife and youngins. Any more folks out there running them? Post up some more pics.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jb0974
I am getting ready to buy these but have a 5 year old and need to know if they work as a step also?

Thanks
part of the reason that i am getting these is for the step. i have read many other posts where people are saying it is def. a functioning step. im gettin 'em! wrinkle black, eff that shiny bike black.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jb0974

Thanks
Yes you are able to use as a step! The wife and friends use them everyday.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Synthetik
Do these mount to the frame or body mounts?
They mount in 10 spots on the pinch seam for a 4dr. and 3 points to the body. If you go to OR-Fabs site you can download the installation file and it shows a step by step what it takes.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pickick
Looking into getting a set of these. Hoping to get some details from the community faithful here....

Attachment 142889

These are offered in either "wrinkle black" or "bike black". Does anyone know what the difference is? got pics?

Also, looking to find out if i can use these for a jack/lift point. Anyone know if the body will hold up with these attached?

And finally, price. Our favorite sponsors have them listed as:
4wd: $579
qtec: $503
northridge: $503
I found them on a non-sponsor (4wheelonline-dot-com) site for $442. Any of our sponsors wanna chime in here and offer me this lower price??

PROPS TO BRIAN @ 4WD.COM!!!!!

i ordered my lift kit from him about a week ago, so figured id give a call. he matched the price! i <3 4WD!!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raidue
Thanks for the info guys. I am just getting ready to pull the trigger on these myself. I'm also pulling the stock plastic bumpers and am planning on running OR-FAB all the way around.
Good call! That's what I'm doing and absolutely love their products. I've got front and rear bumpers, sliders and tire carrier. Go Go Gadget OR-Fab!
Old 03-30-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

For the guys that have installed these...

Part 1B of the instructions state that you have to cut off the weld nuts located on the back of the pinch seam. How did you accomplish this? Simple die grinder or dremel with cutoff wheel? Any more pics of the underside to show the mounting? Thanks.

Instructions located here:
orfab.com/instructions/84307.pdf

Quick Reply: OR FAB Rocker Panel Rails (part number 84307)