Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Or-Fab rocker guards corrosion issues?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or Fab is shipping me out some paint.

Their customer service has been great.
The following users liked this post:
Ephry73 (05-14-2021)
Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OR-Fab has the best customer service I have ever dealt with. That's crazy how your carrier looks... I've been running stuff for a year and a half and all of it looks nearly new besides sun fade.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aermotor
OR-Fab has the best customer service I have ever dealt with. That's crazy how your carrier looks... I've been running stuff for a year and a half and all of it looks nearly new besides sun fade.
The only thing that I can think of is they do put salt on the roads up here and it was historically mild weather this winter, but still it should last more than one season before it starts to rust. My smittybilt SRC front bumper held up better.

Ah well Or Fab isn't leaving my hanging so all is good, manufacturing defects happen
Old 04-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scamp_71
Here are my pics. Fairly light...at the moment.

Attachment 299103

Attachment 299102

Attachment 299101
Hey Scamp,

I'm mobile and can't type worth diddly on the cell, so this is short. The powdercoat needs more PM in Northern states where winter conditions are tough. There are several threads on this forum explaining steps to correct and prevent these issues. Rustoleum also makes a rattle can that matches the YGY powder coating we apply. Call Ben @(928) 636-3134 and he will help you out.

Sorry for the short response. Husker, thanks for catching us to respond to this!

Yates
Old 04-03-2012, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yhudson
Hey Scamp,

I'm mobile and can't type worth diddly on the cell, so this is short. The powdercoat needs more PM in Northern states where winter conditions are tough. There are several threads on this forum explaining steps to correct and prevent these issues. Rustoleum also makes a rattle can that matches the YGY powder coating we apply. Call Ben @(928) 636-3134 and he will help you out.

Sorry for the short response. Husker, thanks for catching us to respond to this!

Yates
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by "more PM"? I'll get ahold of Ben tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Happy to report Or-Fab is sending out a new set on the house shipping covered on the new and also sending back my old ones. Thanks for the help in the matter.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on the fence about ordering an or-fab stinger bumper. After reading about their customer service, I am sold.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Angst
I was on the fence about ordering an or-fab stinger bumper. After reading about their customer service, I am sold.
They are nothing but that. You won't be disappointed!

Quick Reply: Or-Fab rocker guards corrosion issues?