Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Or fab rear bumper

Old 01-21-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Or fab rear bumper

Just wondering if anyone has installed the rear bumper from or-fab? I received mine and have it out for line-x, and called as the instructions seemed to end with no reason, and i also had a kit bag that had no instructions. I called and they were very professional, and told me there was a running rev and the bag of parts i have is to put a brace on the hitch rail to support the middle of the bumper. Unfortunately, i do not want to drill two holes in a line-x bumper, and that is what is required. I want to know if anyone who has installed the bumper without this rev has had any issues, as i do not want to install it now.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by largo
Just wondering if anyone has installed the rear bumper from or-fab? I received mine and have it out for line-x, and called as the instructions seemed to end with no reason, and i also had a kit bag that had no instructions. I called and they were very professional, and told me there was a running rev and the bag of parts i have is to put a brace on the hitch rail to support the middle of the bumper. Unfortunately, i do not want to drill two holes in a line-x bumper, and that is what is required. I want to know if anyone who has installed the bumper without this rev has had any issues, as i do not want to install it now.
The brace that we've included with the bumper is not required... if you have the frame bolts properly torqued on the bumper. See picture below.

The reason we developed the new brace was to restrict upward movement IF the bumper was installed without proper torque (people get in a hurry and forget to tighten up all the fasteners, or I'm told one instance the bumper was repeatedly bashed on rocks and it loosened up. In such a case loctite could be used to keep fasteners from loosening). We conducted a lot of testing and have not been able to duplicate a bumper coming loose.

When you make consumer products you try to dummy proof what you can. While a rim manufacturer can't fix the issues with tires coming off when people forget to tighten their lug nuts, we have provided a solution if you install a bumper with loose fasteners so that the bumper will not shift up into the tub. Although having loose fasteners on your bumper may irriate the folks you're wheeling with due to the metal rattling.

I have this bumper on my jeep. I don't EVER intend on installing this brace on my rig. For my purposes it's not needed.

Yates
Old 01-21-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the info. I always torque everything i install, and this allows me to install the bumper without drilling holes in it. I love the bumper and i realized i had never had to put this brace on any of the other aftermarket bumpers i have purchased.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by largo
Thanks for the info. I always torque everything i install, and this allows me to install the bumper without drilling holes in it. I love the bumper and i realized i had never had to put this brace on any of the other aftermarket bumpers i have purchased.
We hope you love the bumper and are very interested in any feeback you have. Also, as soon as Mikel finishes the PA website we'll establish a photo gallery of user's rigs. If you ever want to send us pictures you can PM me and I'll get you the contact info to email.

Thanks for purchasing our bumper!

Yates

Quick Reply: Or fab rear bumper