Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OR FAB Question

Old 12-20-2010, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OR FAB Question

Been shopping for tire carriers and kinda leaning toward the OR Fab w/ the can option. and Id like to know who has a Or Fab tire carrier on their Jeep and how they like it?
Thanks.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it and couldn't be happier. Check out these threads.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...r...-Additions!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...opaX-can/page2
Old 12-20-2010, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Love mine...
Old 12-20-2010, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

no rattles & no tire movement.

great customer service thru this forum too.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:34 PM
JK Jedi

If you do not want a Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier option, this is by far the best option out there. It's a pain in the butt to get on, but once on, it's rock solid! Been running my 35s on mine with no problem, no rattles, squeaks, nothing. Even did a whole trip to Colorado and back - about 3,800 miles round trip with 2 full Jerry cans and a Hi-Lift Jack on the back. Couldn't be happier with the product.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

I have one and love it!

As said previously, OR-Fab customer service is fantastic.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I own a bunch of OR-Fab stuff and their build quality and service is the truly top notch. I don't have the tire carrier yet but plan on getting one soon. I have their front and rear bumper as well as their rock sliders/rails. Awesome.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default love it love it love it!!!

i had their carrier on my 2 door and can't wait to get it installed on my unlimited.. it's a pretty good PITA to install, but it is well worth the effort. it is a stout piece of steel, and has enough screw holes and mounting spots to let you be as creative as you want to store and carry things..

get the jerry can version for a little more storage room

i had 2 sets of rotopax cans, hi lift and a shovel on mine. i've seen guys with ammo cans, air tanks and god knows what else attached to their carrier.

it's a worthwhile investment.

plus they have GREAT customer service
steve
Old 12-26-2010, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default decisions decisions

im lifting my jeep soon and going to run 35's and dont wana put them on the stock tire carrier. so i have been looking at tire carriers/ rear bumpers with tire carrier and i am starting to like this or fab tire carrier but also looking at lods bumper with tire carrier

what it comes down to is the or is cheaper with a really sleek look and not all the weight but it looks to support a lot of weigh far out with litter support (im not to sure how it connects to the body so if someone could explain that it would be great) and it looks like it doesn't take all your visibility from your back window away.

but

the lod bumper looks very rugged and sturdy and comes with both a carrier and bumper for a larger price but it is bulky and appears to full up your rear window

i would really appreciate anyone chipping in their two cents who may have more experience or knowledge with such bumpers i have some time still till i need to get one probably wont even get it to early or mid summer but its never to early to start looking and dreaming right hahahah
Old 12-26-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also have the Jerry can version and it's as solid as they come. It was a bit of a pain to install but worth the effort. I bought mine used from another forum member and had to order all new hardware from or-fab. They offered to send it to me for free. Unfortunately that was after I had already paid my local off road shop over $50 for the same hardware that or-fab probably sent them for free. Live and learn.

Quick Reply: OR FAB Question