Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

OR-Fab Jeep JK 4 inch Lift Kit???

Old 10-02-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OR-Fab Jeep JK 4 inch Lift Kit???

Came across a place promoting this lift with install. I couldn't find anything on it. Re-branded lift from someone else? New lift released for 2013? Anybody have info on this lift.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:59 AM
Former Member

OR Fab doesn't make lifts, but one of the Companies they own is Trailmaster and it's most likely that kit.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:20 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

what bustabizz said, you are most likely looking at a trailmaster kit which is made by the same overall company. which 4" lift of theirs is it that you're looking at.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:05 AM
JK Super Freak

As said by previous posters, OrFab is part of the same group that owns Trailmaster, Performance Automotive Group.
Which kit are you looking at? I have their 4.5" kit that has all 8 adjustable arms and replacement front and rear driveshafts. Overall I can say it is a decent kit for the money. I have almost 40K miles on mine with no complaints. Installation was straightforward and could be done in a driveway. My kit came with the SSV shocks, which were okay and held up but I definately felt I could do better. I looked at alot of options but after messaging Wayalife ended up just going with a simple set of Bilstein 5100s and it made an already decent ride much better.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks all for chiming in. That's what I though it to be... a re-branded lift.

Originally Posted by wayoflife
which 4" lift of theirs is it that you're looking at.
I'm guessing by the price I'm seeing, it is just a 4" spring lift. Probably can connect with people on this forum (like you WOL & others) who know Mel and crew at ORE to get me a deal on the EVO coils there, which I would trust a lot more I think than the TM ones.

Since I have a few responses, mind if I ask a secondary question to this. What else is needed for a stock JKUR if you do the 4" coil replacements from EVO? New Shocks? EVO Draglink flip? New Driveshaft? Control Arms? Other?

I am TOTALLY green and wet behind the ears on what all is required. So green in fact I'm still learning the names of these parts and what they do and where they go LOL.

Thank again.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

To go 4" you will definately need shocks, you will also need control arms, and track bar brackets or adjustable track bars. I'm not sure if the driveshafts are absolutely required, I've read different opinions plus the kit I purchased came with them.
I'd definately message Wayolife, since he uses EVO equipment or message the EVO sponsor on this forum directly as I have no experience with their equipment. I can tell you that the EVO bolt on coil over kit looks awesome. Wayolife has it on Rubicat and he has a video of it running the rubicon. He has it set at 3.5" of height and is clearing 37s with flat fenders. I'm really considering that to be my next jump. I'd love to go coil overs and I'm thinking maybe of doing that next summer. I like the idea of a bolt on kit. Works best for me personally.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
To go 4" you will definately need shocks, you will also need control arms, and track bar brackets or adjustable track bars. I'm not sure if the driveshafts are absolutely required, I've read different opinions plus the kit I purchased came with them.
Damn, that's what I figured...nothing is cheap! I know I know, J.E.E.P. stands for.....

The 4" Plush springs from ORE are $379, but then you have to replace or upgrade all the other "stuff." Seems like a decent lift to get your junk a little off the dirt/rocks is all or nothing. I'm looking for that "budget boost" that is more than a body lift. Or like a starter kit that I can adapt and make better as I go along.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
OR-FAB

Originally Posted by JK JAGS
Damn, that's what I figured...nothing is cheap! I know I know, J.E.E.P. stands for.....

The 4" Plush springs from ORE are $379, but then you have to replace or upgrade all the other "stuff." Seems like a decent lift to get your junk a little off the dirt/rocks is all or nothing. I'm looking for that "budget boost" that is more than a body lift. Or like a starter kit that I can adapt and make better as I go along.
Trail Master has 5 different suspension lifts for the JK's, a few versions of leveling kits, and then of course the Performance Accessories body lifts.

Here is a kit that I think fits with what you are looking for - Trail Master J4611SSV

Under $750. Check with a local dealer.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK JAGS

It isn't necessarily all or nothing. I know there are people running 37s with a 2.5" kit and flat fenders. Heck with my 4.5" kit, if I added flat fenders and maybe a 1" body lift I could run 40s. It is just that after you hit a certain amount of lift the effects on steering geometry, driveshaft and pinion angles start to go beyond the stock components. You then need adjustable longer control arms, adjustable trac bars, etc to maintain a proper and SAFE handling.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
It isn't necessarily all or nothing. I know there are people running 37s with a 2.5" kit and flat fenders. Heck with my 4.5" kit, if I added flat fenders and maybe a 1" body lift I could run 40s. It is just that after you hit a certain amount of lift the effects on steering geometry, driveshaft and pinion angles start to go beyond the stock components. You then need adjustable longer control arms, adjustable trac bars, etc to maintain a proper and SAFE handling.
I know there are cheap ways around it, but doesn't seem smart to be cheap for a vehicle that costs nearly 40K. But my new '12 JKUR cleaned out my pockets and I'm dying to mod. Being new to the jeep world, I'm not too helpful in the DIY, so the labor cost is gonna kill me.

Thanks for the comments and edumakation.

Quick Reply: OR-Fab Jeep JK 4 inch Lift Kit???