Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fab Fours Vicowl

Old 05-20-2016, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PismoJK
Has anyone installed this yet? I'm looking for windshield protection along the black borders of the windshield and this appears to be the only solution. I am on my 3rd windshield in 2 months. Rocks keep hitting the black borders (edges) and cracking the glass. I was considering ballistic glass but thought I may give this a try first. However, I'm rather surprised by the feedback here on this though. Not that I care about others opinions about aesthetic aspects of the jeep. Personally, I think it looks great on these modern Jks. Gives the Jeep a lot of attitude and much needed protection on the sensitive parts of the glass edges. Hefty price tag but if it deflects the stones better I'm all for it. The wife actually likes the look of it as well.

To anyone that has installed this...have you noticed a big increase in wind noise? Does it vibrate at highway speeds? Can additional light pods be added on the pillars? Can you upload a picture of the inside cabin looking outward so I can see the obstructed view if any please.

Just popped my first post cherry, woo hoo!

Why not just have a fabricator cut out a pice of alum or something to cover up the trim arround your windsheild and use 2x adhesive tape to secure it. it will do what you need and not look terribad at the same time. or just buy a large sheet of lexan and so the same thing. lexan sheets are only like 20 / 30 $ and you can cut with just about any fine tooth saw blade then just paint it black to match and blend in.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the fags on FB are tripping over themselves to buy this steaming pile of shit. I cant believe how much it cost on top of looking like a third world abortion. I unfriended 3 people that argued with me about how they liked the look.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PismoJK
Has anyone installed this yet? I'm looking for windshield protection along the black borders of the windshield and this appears to be the only solution. I am on my 3rd windshield in 2 months. Rocks keep hitting the black borders (edges) and cracking the glass. I was considering ballistic glass but thought I may give this a try first. However, I'm rather surprised by the feedback here on this though. Not that I care about others opinions about aesthetic aspects of the jeep. Personally, I think it looks great on these modern Jks. Gives the Jeep a lot of attitude and much needed protection on the sensitive parts of the glass edges. Hefty price tag but if it deflects the stones better I'm all for it. The wife actually likes the look of it as well.

To anyone that has installed this...have you noticed a big increase in wind noise? Does it vibrate at highway speeds? Can additional light pods be added on the pillars? Can you upload a picture of the inside cabin looking outward so I can see the obstructed view if any please.

Just popped my first post cherry, woo hoo!

Please tell me this is sarcasm?
Old 05-20-2016, 09:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DKJEEP
All the fags on FB are tripping over themselves to buy this steaming pile of shit. I cant believe how much it cost on top of looking like a third world abortion. I unfriended 3 people that argued with me about how they liked the look.
You must have seen this shit then.

The only thing I like is the rocker protection.
That grill overlay winch mount grille guard bumper skin thing on the front is odd.
The Mohawk dealy and the different light bar setup are definitely nothing close the op's main post.
It's really only a JK body. Their stuff is usually really pricey so building this thing was astronomical in cost to a stock jk.

It's just funny to look at. It's cool, but so odd.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:54 AM
JK Junkie

Wouldn't let me add from camera on app.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3945066809.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	632.1 KB
ID:	647615  
Old 05-20-2016, 02:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Omg! Cool! I can finally build an angry looking Jeep to express to the world my bottled up feelings and match it up with this fighter pilot looking unibrow
Old 07-06-2016, 09:35 PM
AJ_
JK Enthusiast

Jesus christ you guys are some hating ass dudes. Do I like it? Meh, it would be cooler if I could buy a new window frame with the option for built in led lights and snorkel so it isn't so bulky and mad-max-ish but am I going to sit here and bash it and shun people who like it? No, cause I'm not a dick. Some of you people on this forum

Last edited by AJ_; 07-06-2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AJ_
Jesus christ you guys as some hating ass dudes. Do I like it? Meh, it would be cooler if you could buy a new window frame with the option for built in led lights and snorkel so it isn't so bulky and mad-max-ish but am I going to sit here and bash it and shun people who like it? No, cause I'm not a dick. Some of you people on this forum
Thank God someone else sees the situation this way. I guess some of the people on here have nothing better to do but bash others lol.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I acknowledge that I can be a hating-ass dude and a bit of a dick. That said, it's fu*king horrendous. It will always be fu*king horrendous. The only way it could be worse is if all the china-knockoffs start flooding the market.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by afpilot82
Now people can have a unibrow windshield to match the ugly ass unibrow grille.
Right?!

Quick Reply: Fab Fours Vicowl