Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

fab fours front bumper aux light mount

Old 02-09-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fab fours front bumper aux light mount

I have a fab fours lifestyle front bumper and I am determined to mount a set of KC slim lights on it, for I want it to match the KC lights on my windshield. I would prefer not to mount them on the grill guard and am not to big on mounting them to the fairlead. I saw quadratec sells overpriced light mounts that seem like they could be the ticket, http://quadratec.com/products/12110_201.htm. Any comments, concerns, ideas, or experiences would be much appreciated.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:56 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

they certainly look like they would do the job. if you're willing to drill a couple of holes on your bumper, i'd bet you could just mount the lights to it for free and still look great.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
they certainly look like they would do the job. if you're willing to drill a couple of holes on your bumper, i'd bet you could just mount the lights to it for free and still look great.
I am pretty ignorant in this department, but would drilling a hole in my bumper pose any problems such as rust or anything else
Old 02-09-2010, 02:03 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by barrett101
I am pretty ignorant in this department, but would drilling a hole in my bumper pose any problems such as rust or anything else
after drilling your hole, just make sure to apply some touch up paint to the bare steel. you can get touch up paint in flat black at any autoparts store and it's applied like nail polish. or, you can apply some silicon to the hole when you mount your light brackets to the hole. i've done this on several bumpers and the results look great and again, it's free
Old 02-09-2010, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
after drilling your hole, just make sure to apply some touch up paint to the bare steel. you can get touch up paint in flat black at any autoparts store and it's applied like nail polish. or, you can apply some silicon to the hole when you mount your light brackets to the hole. i've done this on several bumpers and the results look great and again, it's free
consider it done, I appreciate your expert advice

Quick Reply: fab fours front bumper aux light mount