Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

fab fours bumper light install?

Old 10-10-2009, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fab fours bumper light install?

Hey does anyone know if you can install either a slimlite or ralley light in the fab fours bumper? If not maybe on the brush guard on it?
Old 10-10-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arcticanalog
Hey does anyone know if you can install either a slimlite or ralley light in the fab fours bumper? If not maybe on the brush guard on it?
I've got the FabFour front bumper and it comes with excellent Hella 55w fog lights in it which have never given me any problem with the stock wiring.
It would be a pain in the rear to install any other light in it, but I suppose you could by bolting it to the bottom of the bumper with the proper length spacer in it to center it in the bumper cut out.
Hella also makes a wide variety of other 90mm lights, driving, low beam, but these also mount differently from the fogs but it might not be that hard to do.
If you go to Susquehanna's site you can get all the specs on these other Hella lights and see how they mount. I looked pretty good at these other options, but the fogs are what I would want in the bumper down low anyway.

I have 2 lights mounted via the Poison Spider fairlead mount, and 3 more mounted on the FabFour brush guard.

With the Cibie headlights with 100/130 Hella Yellow Star bulbs, the two Hella 90mm fogs with 55w Osram all weather bulbs in the FabFour bumper, the two 8" 130w KC Driving lamps, and the three 6" KC Slim Long Range on the hoop I'm not really hurting for illumination.
You might notice I used Aerotech yellow film for the Hella fogs and the 8" KC driving lamps, this gives a wonderful yellow light which is great for low visibility conditions such as heavy rain or fog.
As a matter of fact it works so well I'm probably going to go back to white Osram bulbs (85/80) in the Cibies when the Yellow Star bulbs burn out.

Any of the 1.75" tube mounts will work with the brush guard bar.
I used the Baja Designs mounts, and have been very pleased with them.
The are very secure and hold the "zero" well and don't suffer from vibration.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arcticanalog

The OEm's seemed to (oddly) become brighter?? The light probably is just more focused being recessed in the bumper more. You have the same one no? i *Think* I have seen you on the Merrit

Quick Reply: fab fours bumper light install?