Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fab Four Front Bumper

Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fab Four Front Bumper

I noticed some bubble rust coming out on my fab four front bumper recently... I decided to give them a call to see what they would say about it... So far they told me that i scratched the bumper so then it bubble rusted... I wheel with my JK but not that hard... If i had lockers i would... I have owned the bumper for only 3 years... I added some photos to see what everyone on here thought... Let me know your feedback or if you have had similar problems... Derrick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0148.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	130001   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0149.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	130002   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0151.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	130003  
Old 02-22-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

I wanted to add that this is happening in the same spot above the lights on both sides... I don't know how i scratched it that perfect for it to happen on both sides same spot???
Old 02-22-2011, 03:48 PM
JK Freak

It seems odd to scratch it above without scratching the light fixtures You would've had to ram it into a symmetrical hard object only above the bumper...I would sand down the rust and touch it up with something Fab Four recommends.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

I have a Gobi roof rack same kind of finish doing the same thing ,I just keep touching it up.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would just touch it up with some Duplicolor Spray On bedliner. Sand it down to metal if you are worried about it rusting again, then spray it.

That is, if it has a textured finish. My rock rails and LoD bumper both needed a little touch-up. The bedliner is a perfect match.

Anthony
Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

that's what i am going to do... They offered me a discount on some other product... i liked the idea... Just seems like a big pain for it only being 3 years old...

Quick Reply: Fab Four Front Bumper