Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Extended rear brake lines on OME 2" lift

Old 08-02-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended rear brake lines on OME 2" lift

Folks, what are you using for those that have 2" lifts. I see most of whats offered in extended brake lines advertise 'from 3" - 6"' lift etc. I don't want to install something that's too long for what I have (OME HD coils - 2DR, got about 3" lift out of it).

Currently have brake line extension brackets but when the rear tire is tucked, the sway bar plows into the hard line -- something about this just isn't giving me warm and fuzzys so I'm thinking about going to extended lines and want to see what y'all are running with.

TIA.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's not just te size of the lift you need to look at. OME make their standard shocks for a 2" lift where u do not need longer brake lines, they also make LT shocks where u will need longer brake lines, and they Los do a mid travel set for the front. I believe Crown make brake lies in different lengths.
One issue is that most re brake lines are 26 or 27" long, which is about right for a LT shock, but a little long for a 2" lift.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SWRUBI
Folks, what are you using for those that have 2" lifts. I see most of whats offered in extended brake lines advertise 'from 3" - 6"' lift etc. I don't want to install something that's too long for what I have (OME HD coils - 2DR, got about 3" lift out of it).

Currently have brake line extension brackets but when the rear tire is tucked, the sway bar plows into the hard line -- something about this just isn't giving me warm and fuzzys so I'm thinking about going to extended lines and want to see what y'all are running with.

TIA.
I have the same problem. What did you end up doing to address the issue?

Last edited by GoBig; 02-25-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

i used the Synergy Suspension Brake Line Relocation Bracket Kit for 07-13 Wrangler / Unlimited JK
Old 03-17-2013, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up building my own from Simpson straps ($.70 each).
Old 03-17-2013, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 60 bucks for that!!! Got to love it when I company marks up a product buy 1000%. Those little tabs and 4 bolts cant cost more than 6 bucks to make... What a rip off.

Go to lowes, by a piece of flat bar for 7 bucks, and 4 bolts, nuts, and washers for 3. Use your grinder to cut it into 4 pieces. Drill 8 holes, and put it in your vice and give it a little bend. spray paint black. Install. Done. 47 dollars plus shipping saved.

Quick Reply: Extended rear brake lines on OME 2" lift