Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Expedition One SPARE TIRE LIFT BRACKET

Old 01-31-2011, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expedition One SPARE TIRE LIFT BRACKET

http://expeditiononestore.com/produc...1&categoryId=4

Is anyone currently using this or a similar product with a 35 x 12.50 or larger tire? If so have you had any problems? I hear all the hype that it will wear down the hinges/gate etc. I have trouble believing an extra 20-40 pounds will break the hinges or gate.

**Aside from noise or wear and tear of hinges/gate, has anyone out there had a tailgate or hinge BREAK on a 2007+ jk as a result of using this product. PLEASE respond if so. **

Please let me know how long it lasted before breaking.

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great product, I used one for a little over a year without any issues. Very simple design and while it raises the tire it does not push the tire way out away from the tailgate. Highly recommended.

As for the tailgate breakage with a 35, I think as long as you take care and dont wildly sling the gate open or drag the tire while wheeling you will be fine. I had mine on a little over a year and had no problems when I took it off.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok im confused if you get the rear bumper from expedition one its about 800$ if you get it from alpha expedition its 1400$ please explain this to me
Old 02-04-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

i think its easily way more than 40lbs on a 35" tire w/ wheels compared to the stock wheel and tires
Old 02-06-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

I used stock rim with 35 x 12.50 tire. I believe the tire alone is around 80 pounds, stock tire about 50 (estimate didn't have a scale on hand). Anyway it mounted up nice, looks great and is solid with no noise at all. Had to cut the rear break light off and relocate to center cap, worked out nicely. I don't forsee any issues. I'll update if anything changes.

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CaptJck07
ok im confused if you get the rear bumper from expedition one its about 800$ if you get it from alpha expedition its 1400$ please explain this to me
The 800 is for bumper only... You can but them seperately.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkson
I used stock rim with 35 x 12.50 tire. I believe the tire alone is around 80 pounds, stock tire about 50 (estimate didn't have a scale on hand). Anyway it mounted up nice, looks great and is solid with no noise at all. Had to cut the rear break light off and relocate to center cap, worked out nicely. I don't forsee any issues. I'll update if anything changes.

Thanks.
My stock sahara wheels and tires weighed 68 lbs, my 35 km2's on 15 steels weigh 86 lbs
Old 02-08-2011, 01:23 PM
JK Freak

Yeah i was wondering about this product as well. And also how their 3rd brake light fixed to the spacer. It looks like it would work!

Quick Reply: Expedition One SPARE TIRE LIFT BRACKET