Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Expedition One Rear Carrier - What are these Extra parts?

Old 12-24-2009, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expedition One Rear Carrier - What are these Extra parts?

I just got done installing my new Expedition One bumper and tire swing. I'll post a writeup once somebody helps me figure out what these parts are for. I don't see them in the instructions or on the youtube video of the install. I ordered the extra cb mount and got that installed, so pretty sure they are not for that. I'm thinking you are supposed to drill a hole through the frame cross member in back for extra support?

I had E1 custom build my bumper with a 2" receiver in it. Maybe they included these brackets and bolts for extra support?

here are two photos of the reciever. One from the back before install, one from the outside after install.

I noticed two holes in the bottom of the bumper where it curls up under the frame cross memeber. Did anybody else get these parts with their kit?

Old 12-28-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default extra parts

71 views and nobody has a guess? E1 is always so slow to resond.... sure would be nice to finish my install. Any help is greatly appreciated. Did any of you with an E1 bumper have these parts?
Old 12-28-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlueBruin
71 views and nobody has a guess? E1 is always so slow to resond.... sure would be nice to finish my install. Any help is greatly appreciated. Did any of you with an E1 bumper have these parts?
I don't remember getting those parts however it's been a long time since mine was installed. I would just call them.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

I definitely didn't get those parts in my kit.
Looking at the length of the bolts I'd say your correct to assume they are for extra support for your receiver.

Here is a pic of my receiver before the bar went on which may help you out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	NoBar.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	34595  
Old 12-28-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Those brackets are for the optional flux capasiter.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default no instructions!

DANG IT! I just realized what they are for looking at the second picture in my original post. See those two holes in the support plate for the 2" receiver tube coming out the backside of the bumper!? Those long bolts are meant to be put through the rear cross member that connects the frame rails and to connect on the other side with these brackets. Guess I have to take everything back off again.... Nice directions (or lack there of) E1.

Quick Reply: Expedition One Rear Carrier - What are these Extra parts?