Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Expedition One rear bumper with backup lights?

Old 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expedition One rear bumper with backup lights?

Hi everyone. I'm a first time Wrangler owner and I'm planning on starting some mods to my 2012 Unlimited. I've been looking at rear bumpers and like the Expedition One Trail Series Rear Bumper with Smooth Motion Tire Carrier. I like the link to the rear door so they open together and also that the pivot the tire carrier swings on has greased bearings. I'm looking for some options for installing LED reverse lights on or into the bumper. I was also considering the LOD Door Linked Signature Series rear bumper which has rear light cut outs right in the bumper but it doesn't have the bearings. I've heard the bearing style tire swings are smoother. Also I haven't seen many reviews of the LOD Door Link. The Expidition One has had some great reviews and is suppose to be "rattle-free"! And suggestions for mounting the LEDs

Thanks
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is an awesome bumper. I had one on my first Jk and loved it.

Check out the brackets from Black Diamond Fabrication for your back up lights. They are stainless steel and come plain or powder coated black. These coupled with some Ridgid lights are sweet. They mount on top of the taillights and are really nice. I think Northridge 4x4 sells a package deal with free shipping. Search BDF rear brackets on this site. great reviews

You owe it to yourself to check them out
Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

I run this bumper/ carrier setup now w/ there hi lift jack mount and LOVE it maintnence free and squeak free worth every penny. Not sure about backup lights in the bumper itself but every thing else sbout it is good.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Expedition One swing arm has holes drilled along its length to purposely allow bolt-on of accessories. It all depends on where YOU want the back-up lights ? High/low/unstealable, etc.

There's a couple of vendors selling brackets that mount a pair of lights either side of the spare. I chose to build a plate and have the back-up lights shine from behind the spare tire, through the spokes. Buy the rear, you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Back-up lights : Attachment 383569 Attachment 383570

Exp One bumper with Hi-lift mounted diagonally

Last edited by westchester; 02-08-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Expedition One bumper is great. As mentioned it is rattle free, smooth and sturdy. I love the fact that it is attached to the tailgate so it's only one motion to open the tailgate/carrier together.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010364.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	419526  
Old 04-06-2017, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hi lift Jack mounted diagonally on expedition one bumper

who has a hi lift Jack mounted diagonally on there trail series rear bumper Expedition One? I've seen photos of it. The hardware expedition one provides does not fit for that method

Thank you
Old 04-06-2017, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Streetdoc59
who has a hi lift Jack mounted diagonally on there trail series rear bumper Expedition One? I've seen photos of it. The hardware expedition one provides does not fit for that method

Thank you
umm, That would be me..... two posts up. ^^

I have the longer 60” Hi-Lift, and cut 7 inches off it to lessen the overall length, I didn’t want it mounted vertically as I have garage height issues, and didn’t want the Hi-Lift inside to save cargo space.

You're right , the Exp One mount is supposed mount horizontal, I bolted it that way and got a shoulderful of Hi-Lift every time open the trunk door. I drilled an extra hole and bolted it diagonal.

with gate open, here’s the Exp One bracket bolted in three places to the arm

Last edited by westchester; 04-06-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Expedition One rear bumper with backup lights?