Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Expedition One JK Rubi Skid Plate

Old 03-15-2008, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received my Expedition One Rubi Skid Plate Tuesday and installed it this afternoon. It was raining all afternoon, so I'll take so good pics tomorrow.

I have a question on the rotation of the sway bar disconnect motor. When I rotated the motor, the plug seems to hit the plastic piece underneath the radiator. The instructions say that it comes close to it, but not that it hits it. In order to rotate and secure the disco motor where it needed to be for the install of the skid plate, the plug is pushing up on the plastic piece underneath the radiator. Is this a problem? I read in another post that a member cut out a section of that plastic piece to allow the plug to move up without pushing up the entire piece.

I left the motor with the plug pushing up against the plastic. I didn't think it would cause any undue stress. Should I go back and cut out a piece so that the plug is not stressed?

The skid plate looks great and fit fine. It took a little coercing to get the side bolts through and everything felt "tight" when I pushed the sway bar up and bolted everything together. Is this normal also? I guess that's the sway bar tension?

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Has anyone heard from or seen a post from Expedition One recently? I've left them a PM and haven't heard from them in a few weeks.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you ever hear from them about your questions?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

my sway bar is tight too after installing it, it shouldnt hurt nothing
Old 04-14-2008, 01:42 AM
JK Freak

I ordered mine today, just what I have been waiting for.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tkob1060
did you ever hear from them about your questions?
Nope. I left them several messages and e-mailed them several times and haven't heard anything in 3 or 4 weeks.

Until 2 days ago, when I received an e-mail response regarding something completely unrelated (well, not completely, but that's another thread altogether). The e-mail mentioned that they have been having network difficulties. Come one guys. A month? Hurricane victims have internet service restored sooner than this.

Originally Posted by derekls
my sway bar is tight too after installing it, it shouldnt hurt nothing
I agree. I've disconnected several times since I've installed the skid plate and have not had any problems. I even installed a 3/4" coil spacer (which made the sway bar angle down slightly) and still had no problems. I've gone back to try to tighten the bolts, but they haven't come loose at all.

I've been very pleased with it.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Junkie

I've talked to them recently. My skid went out Tuesday.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Junkie

Got mine installed. Awesome product! Great service and price on my prototype. Thanks, James!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:44 AM
JK Newbie

i think i got the second bumper and ruby skid out of production. It is a a great product and holds up well to recovery with up to a 9000lb winch. I also got the basic front bumper and am pleased with it. Some may not like the way it looks it is kind of bare bones no frills, function definately dictates style in this case, but you can't beat the aproach angle. One of the best i have seen on the market, it allows you to go up things that are as tall as your tire without worrying about hitting anything with the front bumper. Thanks expeditionsone for making a great product at an afordable price.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

Bringing this tread back from the dead...

Do anyone know if this skid will fit the 2012's with the vacuum pump between the rails? Will it require the pump to be relocated or doesn't it cut off enough of the crash rail to require a relocation?

Quick Reply: Expedition One JK Rubi Skid Plate