Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Expedition One JK Rubi Skid Plate

Old 03-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nclehmann
Can rotating the e-disco motor and installing the Expedition One Rubicon Skid Plate be done without removing the stock front bumper?

BTW, it's been a few months since many of you have done this. Any problems or concerns to be aware of?

Thanks.

Just in case no else chimes in...

I know were kind of " a bit to close to the project" but ours has been working fine for about a year now...

I'm curious to here others thoughts about it as well....
Old 03-03-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

Any thoughts on my first question? Can I install the skid plate and rotate the motor w/o having to remove the bumper?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Former Vendor

I really like the way that looks. I have one built-in to my Shrockworks bumper, but I'd get this one if I didn't already have that one.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

I cannot see any reason that it would not work with the stock bumper. You will have to remove that worthless plastic air dam and cross member though.

I have had no problems since I have intalled the skid plate. I would definitely recommend it.

Last edited by Mini-me; 03-03-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think you should be able to install the skid without removing the bumper. If not the factory bumper is light and easy to remove in a matter of minutes.

Originally Posted by nclehmann
Thanks!

Any thoughts on my first question? Can I install the skid plate and rotate the motor w/o having to remove the bumper?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey that is a great looking skid, looks like it will protect the disco prefectly

Expedition any idea if this would work with the Bestop highrock bumper?
Old 03-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tkob1060
Hey that is a great looking skid, looks like it will protect the disco prefectly

Expedition any idea if this would work with the Bestop highrock bumper?
IF you took some pictures of the under neath area we could probably determine pretty quick if it would work. I think for Mini-Me's he had to do a bit of trimming due to the winch mount but Bestops set up seams different so it might be a good fit...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Expedition One
IF you took some pictures of the under neath area we could probably determine pretty quick if it would work. I think for Mini-Me's he had to do a bit of trimming due to the winch mount but Bestops set up seams different so it might be a good fit...
ok cool I'll take a cpl pics tomorrow and post em here, thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 03:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Obviously, the lower cross-member needs to be removed. How is this done? Is this bolted in or welded? If welded, what's the easiest way to remove it?

Thanks.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mini-me
I did make a further modification to the skid plate by enclosing the open areas on the drop down area for the sway bar motor. This was a personal preference and is not required.

Won't water accumulate in that space, now that you've closed it off? I would image that's why it was left open to begin with. Maybe drill a small hole on the bottom to let the water drain out? I haven't seen a close-up so maybe the back part is open. Not sure? Looks good though.

Quick Reply: Expedition One JK Rubi Skid Plate