Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Expedition One JK Rubi Skid Plate

Old 10-01-2007, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Expedition One JK Rubi Skid Plate

I received my Rubi skid plate from Expedition One over the weekend. The overall impression of the skid plate is that it is well built, sturdy and the quality is top notch. To work with my Jeeperman front stubby bumper I was required to cut two small relief cuts at the front to clear the gussets on the bumper. Other than those two relief cuts no other modification to the skid plate are necessary. I did make a further modification to the skid plate by enclosing the open areas on the drop down area for the sway bar motor. This was a personal preference and is not required.

Before, I purchased the skid plate from James at Expedition One I must have e-mailed him at least 4 to 5 times asking questions about the skid plate. Those e-mails almost always resulted in a followup call. James was always available to answer my questions. Never once did I feel that he wanted to end our conversation until I received an answer to my questions. It is a pleasure doing business with a company that makes a quality product and that has great customer service.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jk Rubi Skid.JPG
Views:	1386
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	3539   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jk Rubi Skid 2.JPG
Views:	1642
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	3540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jk Rubi Skid 3.JPG
Views:	1038
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	3541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jk Rubi Skid 4.JPG
Views:	1109
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	3542  
Old 10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

Looks good

I thought about getting rid of the stock guard for my X model, it hangs down too low and looks terrible.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

how much does it weigh?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00pumpkin
Looks good

I thought about getting rid of the stock guard for my X model, it hangs down too low and looks terrible.

x2.

I had my bumper off yesterday measuring for a new front bumper and damn, that thing's ugly! I'm gonna take a zip wheel to it before mounting the new bumper. Doesn't look like it really protects anything anyway. Maybe if you have the automatic disco's it would protect that???
Old 10-02-2007, 04:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChopperKrawler
how much does it weigh?
ship weight is roughly 22 lbs
Old 10-02-2007, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Default I want one!

How come I havent seen these yet? I love em. Now I can finally remove the thrashed remnants if the stock bar that half ass covered the electric discos motor. How much and who carries it?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Expedition One

Originally Posted by easttnruby
How come I havent seen these yet? I love em. Now I can finally remove the thrashed remnants if the stock bar that half ass covered the electric discos motor. How much and who carries it?

Expedition One here is the link.

http://www.expeditionone.biz/JKRubiSkid.htm
Old 10-02-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the info, cant wait to get it in the mail. Does it require that you rotate the disco motor upwards or does it sit the same way?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Sway bar motor rotation

Originally Posted by easttnruby
Thanks for the info, cant wait to get it in the mail. Does it require that you rotate the disco motor upwards or does it sit the same way?

Yes, the motor has to be rotated. Expedition one uses an existing case bolt hole. I found this thread and rotated it like cwalker. I had to adjust the hangar mount to get the clearance correct for the electrical connector. I also trimmed some of the radiator shroud away for the electrical connector.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...bar+disconnect
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sway bar motor.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	3562   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sway bar motor electrical connector.JPG
Views:	1951
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	3563  
Old 03-03-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Can rotating the e-disco motor and installing the Expedition One Rubicon Skid Plate be done without removing the stock front bumper?

BTW, it's been a few months since many of you have done this. Any problems or concerns to be aware of?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Expedition One JK Rubi Skid Plate