Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Expedition one core mid width front bumper???????

Old 09-29-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expedition one core mid width front bumper???????

so i m looking into purchasing a new mid width bumper; when i came across one from expedition one, called the "core" mid width bumper. i found it on the northridge site for $900 or so with a hoop and powder coating.http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...per_JK&cat=279. i checked the expedition one home page for any info on the bumper, and there is no recognition that it even exists?? i was just curious as to know if anyone had any information about the, weight, and if the disco skid is built into the bumper itself, or does it have to be purchased seperately? any info would help!
Old 09-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I have had this bumper since July. I'm not sure why they aren't selling them yet. I thought Northridge was going to have them at the end of August. I would call expo one directly. As for the bumper it is top notch. Very good powdercoating and hardware. It has 2 light mount tabs and will accommodate most winches. I had to drill my own holes to get my massive superwinch talon to fit but was no problem. The bumper only weighs 65lbs and accepts the factory fog lights. It was easy to install...bolts right up. I definitely recommend this bumper
Old 09-29-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dark_Star
so i m looking into purchasing a new mid width bumper; when i came across one from expedition one, called the "core" mid width bumper. i found it on the northridge site for $900 or so with a hoop and powder coating.http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...per_JK&cat=279. i checked the expedition one home page for any info on the bumper, and there is no recognition that it even exists?? i was just curious as to know if anyone had any information about the, weight, and if the disco skid is built into the bumper itself, or does it have to be purchased seperately? any info would help!
I'd like some more info on that bumper as well...looks sweet.

Expo ones' webiste is so frustrating. They now have their rear bumper cb mount and hi-lift mount listed as 'coming soon'....I bought them 2 years ago.

I can vouch for the rear bumper's high quality and superior function though
Old 09-29-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
I have had this bumper since July. I'm not sure why they aren't selling them yet. I thought Northridge was going to have them at the end of August. I would call expo one directly. As for the bumper it is top notch. Very good powdercoating and hardware. It has 2 light mount tabs and will accommodate most winches. I had to drill my own holes to get my massive superwinch talon to fit but was no problem. The bumper only weighs 65lbs and accepts the factory fog lights. It was easy to install...bolts right up. I definitely recommend this bumper
Can you post some pics...
Old 09-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Crappy cell phone pics...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110929_115006.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	217009   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110929_115038.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	217010   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110929_115111.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	217011  
Old 09-29-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Awesome, Thanks
Old 09-29-2011, 11:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is there any protection for the electric sway bar disconnect with this bumper?

Is that factory crossbar visible under the bumper? Can you get a close up of the underside from the front & side?
Old 09-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by azsandrider
Is there any protection for the electric sway bar disconnect with this bumper?

Is that factory crossbar visible under the bumper? Can you get a close up of the underside from the front & side?
Yes it's the factory crossbar. I do believe they will making a skid plate for it. Call them directly and ask
Old 09-30-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies! for $900 big ones i was hoping it included the electric disco skid! It's still hard to pass up the looks of this bumper!!!!

Quick Reply: Expedition one core mid width front bumper???????