Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Exhaust .....what manufacturer to go with?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My MagnaFlow Offroad Pro Series has enough rumble at low rpm to set off sensitive car alarms if that helps!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynomax
Check out what we have to offer. TONS of options for the JK platform.
I like the "rock crawer" or Competition system, relocate that muffler WITHOUT needing to relocate your EVAP!

Competition system

Rebate link:
Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Promotions

Our warranty:
Performance & Sound Guarantee
We challenge you to try our DynoMax® performance mufflers* risk-free for 90 days - if our products* don't meet the challenge, call us for your money back.

Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Warranty / Safe & Sound Guarantee

How's the drone? I want something to be heard on the trails and the streets but when on the free-way I DO NOT want the noise of a rice burner in the cab? Can you guys help?

Semper Fi, Drew
Old 05-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Killfoot1775
How's the drone? I want something to be heard on the trails and the streets but when on the free-way I DO NOT want the noise of a rice burner in the cab? Can you guys help?

Semper Fi, Drew
Agreed.....I went dump before the axle relocated the evap so I can run a 44 magnaflow and keep the fart can noise off the jeep.....
Mine has a subtle sound bit doest resonate off the jeep at all so no drone, and with doors off and top off (soft top) its not loud which is exactly what I wanted....

I'd have left the evap there and ran a smaller can but it was louder and I wanted it subtle and quiet....
Old 05-16-2013, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just do this while im driving "wob wob wob wob wob wob wob ruuuuuuuuuuummmmmm wob wob wob wob wob wob" but my wife looks at me like im crazy.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Semper Fi, Drew
There can be some drone, but no worse (IMO) than tires humming along and a soft top flapping. I drove a JK with a soft top on 37's all over Colorado for JKX and it didn't bug me. I drove from Sedona AZ to ABQ NM and not a problem. On my 2013, my family doesn't mind.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

I went with corsa and I love it. Quiet around town, nice rumble on acceleration. Minimal drone, but that may be because the tires are loud.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheBrain
I've got a 2011 rubi with the 3.8. I've added the banks power intake and monster exhaust system. For me it improved off the line drivability. Fuel economy maybe an extra mpg or two. Sounds good, easy too install, even for an old fat guy. Butt Dyno says it helps. A lot of folks say save your money for other mods, to each his or her own. I have no regrets for the money I spent.
X2 I have the same setup on my 2010.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynomax
There can be some drone, but no worse (IMO) than tires humming along and a soft top flapping. I drove a JK with a soft top on 37's all over Colorado for JKX and it didn't bug me. I drove from Sedona AZ to ABQ NM and not a problem. On my 2013, my family doesn't mind.

Ok, I'm going go with either the Rock Crawler or the Evolutions Competition. The sound clips that I heard on Youtube, both sound about the same? Is there a difference between the two? If so what are they? Does one have more of a drone than the other? Looks like one exits before the rear axle and the other is after? What difference does it make before or after, is power and torque added or better? Or just location on what one may be doing with the Jeep? Any other info would be GREAT! Thanks a lot for all your help!

Semper Fi, Drew
Old 05-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rock Crawler will be a little quieter since it dumps all the way out back.
Since the Competition is a bit louder I would say that would could have a bit of a drone.
On our systems (2007-11) we have seen a gain throughout the power band on HP/TQ mind you these gains aren't V8 gains, nominal gains.
Location of the muffler on both kits is the same, just where it dumps out.

Ok, I'm going go with either the Rock Crawler or the Evolutions Competition. The sound clips that I heard on Youtube, both sound about the same? Is there a difference between the two? If so what are they? Does one have more of a drone than the other? Looks like one exits before the rear axle and the other is after? What difference does it make before or after, is power and torque added or better? Or just location on what one may be doing with the Jeep? Any other info would be GREAT! Thanks a lot for all your help!

Semper Fi, Drew
Old 05-21-2013, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

On my 3.6 I had an exhaust built from the ypipe back deleting the resonator and putting a flowmaster super 44 in the stock location tucked up real high

Quick Reply: Exhaust .....what manufacturer to go with?