Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Exhaust .....what manufacturer to go with?

Old 05-10-2013, 06:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the MagnaFlow offroad pro series on mine and love it. It is well made and installed very easily with great fit. While driving it has a real nice tone without any drone.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm running the Dynomax VT - I like the sound, no drone - butt dyno feels better off the line and low end off road. On a recent trip through same mountain pass I've traveled for a long time, I noticed it pulled better with less rpm's where before I would come close to redline just trying to hold speed.... full catback, it was a good investment for me.
mileage seems about the same - thinking about changing out CAI
Old 05-10-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gunbo75
Here is a picture of the jeep.good luck with your choices

Attachment 456213
Nice looking Jeep. Do you think if you went with cai you would get more from it? Do you have an after market exhaust? if so what one?
Old 05-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ran a MBRP catback on both my 2008 and 2012 JK's that relocated the muffler up forwarder. On both I used a Dominion Off Road EVAP relocation kit. I can not stand having a big fugly muffler across the back on my JK.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VERY happy with my Borla axle back single exit. Deep and bassy, but not loud. Probably too quiet for some. No drone at all. Very quiet with the hardtop on, much more noticeable with the soft top. Gives the jeep a classic "jeep sound".

The Borla has one of the smallest tailpipes I have seen on an aftermarket single-exit - and this is what I was after. It's around a 2-1/4" tailpipe. Helps with velocity and maintaining low-end power. I drive my JK like a diesel and I think 2-1/2" was too big for what I was after.

Power wise, I have A-B-A'd my stock exhaust with the Borla -- and the stock feels stronger off idle to about 1,500. Between there and about 2,000 it's hard to tell which gets the nod. After about 2,000 it's all Borla. All via my butt dyno.

I get a little better mileage up on the highway with the Borla (2,400-2,500rpm sustained). But the stock exhaust is better around town with my driving style.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

I would like to drop in a Flowmaster in the stock position. What dia. IN should I get? Is it 2.25" for the 2009 JK?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jarhed
I would like to drop in a Flowmaster in the stock position. What dia. IN should I get? Is it 2.25" for the 2009 JK?
2.5 in and out
Old 05-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Check out what we have to offer. TONS of options for the JK platform.
I like the "rock crawer" or Competition system, relocate that muffler WITHOUT needing to relocate your EVAP!

Competition system

Rebate link:
Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Promotions

Our warranty:
Performance & Sound Guarantee
We challenge you to try our DynoMax® performance mufflers* risk-free for 90 days - if our products* don't meet the challenge, call us for your money back.

Dynomax® Performance Exhaust | Warranty / Safe & Sound Guarantee
Old 05-15-2013, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks to all who replied to my post! I still have some homework to do and much searching still. I looking for that sound, I think we all know what I'm talking about, I mean isn't that reason you went with your exhaust? It made you smile from ear to ear and make you say HellllllllllllllYeaaaaa! Everybody be safe! Thanks again!

Semper Fi, Drew
Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default X2 on Magnaflow

x2 on Magnaflow

Have a MagnaFlow on mine. Needed to reposition muffler to make room for rear winch. Super happy. Shop talked me out of a glass pack and glad they did. Has a nice rumble, but does not disturb the cars around me. Tons of Youtube videos comparing all the versions (and on jeeps).

Quick Reply: Exhaust .....what manufacturer to go with?