Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Exhaust , snorkel

Old 05-16-2011, 11:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say if you want to ford water or offroad in deep standing water, then go for the snorkel. If you are a mud person and trail ride (like me), then get the exhaust. If you're worried about ripping it off, get a relocation system like the MBRP off road exhaust.

I run a CAI and MBRP. If I lived in some state that had a lot of swamps, rivers, etc... I might have gone with a snorkel and lengthened my breather hoses first before the exhaust.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
I would say if you want to ford water or offroad in deep standing water, then go for the snorkel. If you are a mud person and trail ride (like me), then get the exhaust. If you're worried about ripping it off, get a relocation system like the MBRP off road exhaust.

I run a CAI and MBRP. If I lived in some state that had a lot of swamps, rivers, etc... I might have gone with a snorkel and lengthened my breather hoses first before the exhaust.
How much change in performance you see with the cai ?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:17 PM
JK Junkie

With the CAI, its not like whoa shit thats fast! But definitely better throttle response on the highway. Teh exhaust and intake both together make my Jeep with 33s and 3.21s and 6speed a little quicker than my Dad's rubicon 4.10 with 6 speed or my girls 2010 with 3.73 and auto.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

With the CAI, its not like whoa shit thats fast! But definitely better throttle response on the highway. Teh exhaust and intake both together make my Jeep with 33s and 3.21s and 6speed a little quicker than my Dad's rubicon 4.10 with 6 speed or my girls 2010 with 3.73 and auto.
I love the look of the snorkel ! I have 32" tires and haven't regeared at all ! Is it work me regearing ?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Junkie

I love the look of the snorkel, but I dont cross water enough to justify cutting a hole in my Jeep. I am showing some interest in some snorkel setups like the River Raider Expedition snorkel. That is only if I move to a state with a lot of water...
Old 05-16-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Freak

I love the look of the snorkel, but I dont cross water enough to justify cutting a hole in my Jeep. I am showing some interest in some snorkel setups like the River Raider Expedition snorkel. That is only if I move to a state with a lot of water...
Neither do I , so why the hell am I contemplating cutting a hole in my jeep for the snorkel? And I havent regeared is it worth it for me to regear considering my 32" tires or no cause they aren't even that big ?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Regearing with 32s isn't pointless if you plan on going up a few sizes in the future. Makes a hell of a lot more sense then getting 35s and regearing later. But if you are happy with 32s (as I am, rubi bfg's) don't regear.

For people talking about power gains with a snorkel.... You obviously don't have one... I have one and you will see absolutely ZERO gains with a snorkel. When I first installed it, I wanted to believe in the hype and I "felt" the ever so slightest gain. Then I un-f%^#ed myself and realized what I was "feeling" was absolutely nothing. It's psychosomatic. I LOVE my snorkel. It's my fav mod. But don't let anyone tell you about power gains (oh underwater ability with a snorkel alone).
Old 05-16-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
you killed a cat and or kitten for calling his jeep a "car"
It's only a cat, no big deal.

Quick Reply: Exhaust , snorkel