Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Exhaust Question

Old 12-03-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Question

A couple of months ago I put on a Gibson one in/two out muffler. I hate to say it but its to loud, is there anything that between that and a stock muffler?
Old 12-03-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am getting an exhaust installed on Monday from MBRP. I can't speak from experience, but having done a lot of reading on here there are two things you can do with your existing set up to tone it down.

1. Hushpower resonator. Kinda like having a muffler, on a muffler, but from reading on their website it looks pretty convincing, and a few people on here are happy with that route.

2. A glasspack resonator, I think a 30 inch long one to make a difference.

Either way, talk to a muffler shop. They can help you out.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Tom - As Horrocks already stated. The Hushpower us supposed to do the job. I have the Off Road MBRP and felt the same way. I called up David at Northridge and that is what he suggested. I didn't actually do it. I decided that the muffler being directly under my driver side back seat was just to darned loud for me (wife ) and went back to my stock exhaust. If you ordered your from Northridge, give them a call. He is extremely helpful.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tom55
A couple of months ago I put on a Gibson one in/two out muffler. I hate to say it but its to loud, is there anything that between that and a stock muffler?
Stock sounds like........ Most of aftermarket try to sound like Hemi or V8. So may be you should just go back to stock if you dont like sound....

Quick Reply: Exhaust Question