Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Exhaust/Programmer= awsome mileage!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 04:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust/Programmer= awsome mileage!!!

Hey everybody!!!

So here is my set up:
295/70/17 aka 33.5/11.5/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17x9 Addict rims
Hypertech/Pro comp programmer
FlowMaster 44 series Muffler
Drop in K&N air filter

After installing the exhaust this weekend on the highway at 70 mph i was getting 23.5-23.9 MPG!!! my rpm's were just above 1500 rpm. Also with the exhaust i have some added power that is noticeable. I drive the same stretch every single day on the highway there are small inclines that my jeep rpm's usually went up to 3000 then back down to 2000 then back down to 1500 and it keep doing this. not anymore these small inclines the jeep is at a rock solid 1500 rpm with the new exhaust. I could not be happier with my decision to go with a Muffler.

What I did was buy the 2.5 inch FlowMaster super 44 series muffler at Autozone. Then went to a Local Exhaust shop which was somewhat in a ghetto but they do great work. muffler cost me 80 bucks and the install cost me 60 dollars... could not beat the price

I will take a video with my Go pro camera on the way home tonight so you can hear the sound...
Old 04-11-2011, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

Thats great, Have you noticed a gain/loss in horsepower or torque?
Old 04-11-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by IndianaJeep
23mpg??? sure you weren't drafting behind a semi???

lets hear/see it!
Lol, I told him it was the 50 mph tailwind we had this weekend. I can attest to the fact that it sounds good, and a pretty easy looking swap and weld.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

it sounds awsome definetly turns heads Very Throaty at low RPM up to around 3000-3500 after that it starts to get a little ratty. basically took it to the shop the cut the old exhaust out and welded a new pipe on bent it and used the stock mounting with new metal hangers and welded everything up i was there for about 20 minutes. it does drone alot on the interior at cruising speed but you are going to have that with any exhaust system you put on the jeep. I will get a video at lunch time of the sound. then on the way home i will get a video of the interior noise.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

I notice a gain in low end torque for sure but the real test is when i get it on the trail and see if it makes a difference.... anything is better than that huge muffler that is on the back of the jeep. some people like to have a quiet jeep I have always loved louder vehicles and have always loved Flowmaster so I just pulled the trigger and got it done.

Like i said the biggest difference is the RPM's on the way to work today usually they bounced all over the place and it was steady 1500 rpm all the way to work at about 5:00 am in the morning

Originally Posted by mrlobaloba
Thats great, Have you noticed a gain/loss in horsepower or torque?

Quick Reply: Exhaust/Programmer= awsome mileage!!!