Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

exhaust options

Old 03-20-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by courtsm3

I had the mbrp off road exhaust on my 4 door last year. Got tired of the noise and drone it made. Muffler was too small. Replaced the muffler with a dynomax super turbo and loved it. A little on the quiet side but still some decent sound. Im supercharged so i thought i would go back to a straight through muffler again. The dimensions between the two are almost identical but the ultra flow is tougher and heavier. Sound wise its still early, but under normal throttle i notice no difference but once i hit mid range it opens up but its tame. Love dynomax mufflers. Always sound great.
Ok thanks .... I like the sound of mine too ... Just hope it survives Moab in May and my local rock climbing ventures
Old 03-20-2014, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is a 2011 too, I swear they sound better than 07-10 3.8's because 11's only have one cat per bank. Mine sounds deeper compared to others on youtube. I think thats the difference.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 PM
JK Freak

are there any hi flo cats available for the 07-09 JKs?
Old 03-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by courtsm3
I had the mbrp off road exhaust on my 4 door last year. Got tired of the noise and drone it made. Muffler was too small. Replaced the muffler with a dynomax super turbo and loved it. A little on the quiet side but still some decent sound. Im supercharged so i thought i would go back to a straight through muffler again. The dimensions between the two are almost identical but the ultra flow is tougher and heavier. Sound wise its still early, but under normal throttle i notice no difference but once i hit mid range it opens up but its tame. Love dynomax mufflers. Always sound great.
Look forward to the update(s) and I want a sound clip of a super charger and an UFW.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rubi08unlimited
are there any hi flo cats available for the 07-09 JKs?
Check out magnaflows downpipe setup
Old 03-20-2014, 10:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dynomax
Look forward to the update(s) and I want a sound clip of a super charger and an UFW.
I will finish my video clips tomorrow and probably have it up on tube by tomorrow night
Old 04-11-2014, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

courtsm3 are you just running the dynomax muffler with stock piping? cat back system? also if i was to buy muffler, cut out cat and run my own piping would I run into issues with the O2 sensors? i would prefer to just buy muffler and do rest of work my self if at all possible
Old 04-11-2014, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bchapman
courtsm3 are you just running the dynomax muffler with stock piping? cat back system? also if i was to buy muffler, cut out cat and run my own piping would I run into issues with the O2 sensors? i would prefer to just buy muffler and do rest of work my self if at all possible
No. Im running it with the mbrp off road exhaust on my 4 door. Had to get a bend made to fit the offset muffler. If you have a 07-09 ( and some 10's ) with 2 cats per side, your ok to cut the bottom ones out. Just dont expect much for gains, just noise. These 3.8's dont sound the greatest.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dynomax rockcrawler exhaust.....

video at bottom of write up gteat sound and clearance

http://dynamicoffroading.com/Dynamax...20Crawler.html
Old 04-15-2014, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 2012 and installed a AFE 2.5 inch cat back hi tuck with the 22" muffler option. It sounded bad ass. 6 months later i wanted to soften the sound for a long trip and I added a vibrant ultra quiet resonator after the muffler and it has a nice deep tone with 25% less volume, no drone.

Quick Reply: exhaust options