Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

exhaust options

Old 03-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by courtsm3
Yes the ST is quieter but honestly not by much compared to my previous mbrp. It was the mbrp drone that bugged me. Wish i had my old ufw welded round muffler. Replacement is now ufw standard. Maybe quieter due to the larger body.....?? Stay tuned
Yep that oval body will absorb more. Has more mass for the continuous roving fiber.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynomax
TOTALLY bias, but our systems our stainless steel. Most mufflers used in our system are stainless steel.
Made in the USA.
Limited Lifetime Warranty (save that receipt)
90 day guarantee. If you aren't happy, return it for a refund.
Tons of options for the JK platform.

Look to our "rock crawler" system or our Evolution Competition System.

Feel free to ask questions.
How does your 90 day warranty work?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was running a Flowmaster and liked the sound a nice little rumble but not overbearing .... BUT it lasted only 3 years and it's rusted out(the pipe going into the muffler). I'm actually getting a Dynomax installed today(great price) I'll let you know what I think after the install
Old 03-20-2014, 12:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure to get one that dumps out back of axle. Don't won't it dumping underneath the vehicle because of the vibration and noise. I made that mistake.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Brett Woods makes a really nice, 100% stainless steel muffler kit. When I say 100% stainless, I mean the welds and all of the brackets and everything in the kit are stainless. He also was not happy with available mufflers because they were too loud, so he designed his own. Not quite as soft as the stocker, a very nice note when cruising, and a bit more when you really get on it. A very good compromise--and if you go offroad into wilderness locations, much appreciated that you don't bring mall crawler loud out there with you. LOL. The only problem is that it does require that you relocate the evaporative canister. And it isn't especially inexpensive. Here's his page ...

http://jeepswag.com/jeepswagmuff/index.htm

If you listen about 1:27 on this video for about ten seconds, you can hear it both from outside and inside ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhM85GuCRko
Old 03-20-2014, 07:04 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sar2547
How does your 90 day warranty work?
90-Day Risk-Free Trial Offer
Try qualifying DynoMax® products* for 90 days. We guarantee you'll experience the DynoMax® performance difference! If, for any reason, the qualifying products* don't live up to your expectations within the first 90 days, replace the products and we will refund your original product's purchase price (which shall not exceed the manufacturer’s suggested retail price), plus labor (up to $50 per exhaust system). We're that confident you will be satisfied with DynoMax® performance products! For questions about this offer, please contact our customer service department at 734-384-7898.

*Offer limited to the purchase of DynoMax® Stainless Steel Cat-Back Systems and Ultra Flo™ SS Polished, Ultra Flo™ Welded, DynoMax® VT™ or Super Turbo™ performance muffler. This offer does not include products which have been modified, improperly applied or installed on vehicles used for commercial or racing purposes. Valid only on vehicles used for private, non-commercial use and may be withdrawn at any time.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I was running a Flowmaster and liked the sound a nice little rumble but not overbearing .... BUT it lasted only 3 years and it's rusted out(the pipe going into the muffler). I'm actually getting a Dynomax installed today(great price) I'll let you know what I think after the install
Ok installed today ... Sounds nice very similar to my Flowmaster ..... Not too loud but you know it's there ... Hangs an inch or 2 lower then my Flowmaster did tho hope I don't get it ripped off on rocks :(
Old 03-20-2014, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok installed today ... Sounds nice very similar to my Flowmaster ..... Not too loud but you know it's there ... Hangs an inch or 2 lower then my Flowmaster did tho hope I don't get it ripped off on rocks :(
Did mine today too. Swapped out my super turbo muffler with ultra flow welded. Doing up a comparison sound video tonight.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by courtsm3

Did mine today too. Swapped out my super turbo muffler with ultra flow welded. Doing up a comparison sound video tonight.
Lol I was in desperate need and the only one the shop had was the Super Turbo .... Why did you swap out? Does the welded one stay closer to the tub tucked out of harms way compared to the super turbo? Or did you relocate muffler?
Old 03-20-2014, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol I was in desperate need and the only one the shop had was the Super Turbo .... Why did you swap out? Does the welded one stay closer to the tub tucked out of harms way compared to the super turbo? Or did you relocate muffler?
I had the mbrp off road exhaust on my 4 door last year. Got tired of the noise and drone it made. Muffler was too small. Replaced the muffler with a dynomax super turbo and loved it. A little on the quiet side but still some decent sound. Im supercharged so i thought i would go back to a straight through muffler again. The dimensions between the two are almost identical but the ultra flow is tougher and heavier. Sound wise its still early, but under normal throttle i notice no difference but once i hit mid range it opens up but its tame. Love dynomax mufflers. Always sound great.

Quick Reply: exhaust options