Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

exhaust options

Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default exhaust options

Been 3 years since I shopped for exhaust, I bought the MBRP off road exhaust (non stainless) and needless to say its disintegrated (literally). the muffler itself is still intact but the piping behind it is gone. I like the tucked away location, any suggestions on what to get next?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by rubi08unlimited
Been 3 years since I shopped for exhaust, I bought the MBRP off road exhaust (non stainless) and needless to say its disintegrated (literally). the muffler itself is still intact but the piping behind it is gone. I like the tucked away location, any suggestions on what to get next?
TOTALLY bias, but our systems our stainless steel. Most mufflers used in our system are stainless steel.
Made in the USA.
Limited Lifetime Warranty (save that receipt)
90 day guarantee. If you aren't happy, return it for a refund.
Tons of options for the JK platform.

Look to our "rock crawler" system or our Evolution Competition System.

Feel free to ask questions.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dynomax
TOTALLY bias, but our systems our stainless steel. Most mufflers used in our system are stainless steel.
Made in the USA.
Limited Lifetime Warranty (save that receipt)
90 day guarantee. If you aren't happy, return it for a refund.
Tons of options for the JK platform.

Look to our "rock crawler" system or our Evolution Competition System.

Feel free to ask questions.
I was just eying yours on 4wd.com, nice rebate going on too. question, I bought the long arm RK x factor kit which requires re-routing the exhaust up just past the cats. Does your system also require being re routed or was it designed with long arm applications in mind?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I was just eying yours on 4wd.com, nice rebate going on too. question, I bought the long arm RK x factor kit which requires re-routing the exhaust up just past the cats. The EVAP canister? Does your system also require being re routed or was it designed with long arm applications in mind?

Looking at that system it looks like our "rock crawler" system MIGHT work. Our sister company Rancho, offered a similar style system back in the day.
The Evolution Competition System would not be an issue.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Looking at that system it looks like our "rock crawler" system MIGHT work. Our sister company Rancho, offered a similar style system back in the day.
The Evolution Competition System would not be an issue.
No, I didn't mean Evap canister, only the 2 door requires relocation of the eval canister. the 4 door is fine. the drivers size front long arm mounting point interferes with the stock exhaust route.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

No, I didn't mean Evap canister, only the 2 door requires relocation of the eval canister. the 4 door is fine. the drivers size front long arm mounting point interferes with the stock exhaust route.
If it is before the Y, it is a custom exhaust system from a shop.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

I will be making an exhaust comparison video tomorrow. Switching my dynomax super turbo for a dynonax ultra flow welded. I will also include mbrp off road setup from last year as well. This is a 2011 3.8.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

If it is before the Y, it is a custom exhaust system from a shop.
its actually before the collector on the drivers side so not applicable to cutback systems.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Nice!
ST WAY quiet. (In comparison to the others)
MBRP a bit louder (just a tad less than...)
UFW best sound. but I am bias.

Originally Posted by courtsm3
I will be making an exhaust comparison video tomorrow. Switching my dynomax super turbo for a dynonax ultra flow welded. I will also include mbrp off road setup from last year as well. This is a 2011 3.8.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Nice! ST WAY quiet. (In comparison to the others) MBRP a bit louder (just a tad less than...) UFW best sound. but I am bias.
Yes the ST is quieter but honestly not by much compared to my previous mbrp. It was the mbrp drone that bugged me. Wish i had my old ufw welded round muffler. Replacement is now ufw standard. Maybe quieter due to the larger body.....?? Stay tuned

Quick Reply: exhaust options