Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Exhaust Nitrogen from Steering Stabilizers?

Old 11-26-2008, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation New install all good, but....

Alright, I've installed the Fox SS, went out for a spin, you know to test it. 30 to 40 mph, cool no problems, 50 to 60 feels nice, ok slow down. Alright lets hit the Highway (freeway, whatever) 70 to 80 ok, feels nice but is that a touch of bump-steer I feel? Off at the gas station, bleed some air, do another lap, alright feels ok. At this point I'm feeling pretty good about myself, did the job, took about and hour and a half everything's working right, I'll try a dirt road, bumpidy bumpidy, cool no problem. I pull back out onto the street and WHAM DEATH WOBBLE. WTF, drove it back home with no problem checked all bolts,: tight, nothing seems to have shifted. I think I'll try putting full pressure back into the shock and starting over. I've never experienced a wobble before, many explitives come to mind......... Any ideas???
Old 12-03-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonard Massi
Alright, I've installed the Fox SS, went out for a spin, you know to test it. 30 to 40 mph, cool no problems, 50 to 60 feels nice, ok slow down. Alright lets hit the Highway (freeway, whatever) 70 to 80 ok, feels nice but is that a touch of bump-steer I feel? Off at the gas station, bleed some air, do another lap, alright feels ok. At this point I'm feeling pretty good about myself, did the job, took about and hour and a half everything's working right, I'll try a dirt road, bumpidy bumpidy, cool no problem. I pull back out onto the street and WHAM DEATH WOBBLE. WTF, drove it back home with no problem checked all bolts,: tight, nothing seems to have shifted. I think I'll try putting full pressure back into the shock and starting over. I've never experienced a wobble before, many explitives come to mind......... Any ideas???
I have been having this same problem with my Fox SS. Can you post pics of your install?

Quick Reply: Exhaust Nitrogen from Steering Stabilizers?