Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

exhaust/intake upgrade recomendation???

Old 11-07-2009, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattdeez
i have a Banks intake, Jet module (stage2), Gibson dual exit exhaust. made a significant difference in acceleration and sound. Actually I just got the exhaust yesterday and will install tonight or tomorrow. However the intake and ECU mod are installed a were very easy to do.
The stage 2 chip requires 91 octane fuel, and recomends a 180 degree thermostat. Did you install the thermostat and do you run 91 octane?
Old 11-08-2009, 09:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattdeez
i have a Banks intake, Jet module (stage2), Gibson dual exit exhaust. made a significant difference in acceleration and sound. Actually I just got the exhaust yesterday and will install tonight or tomorrow. However the intake and ECU mod are installed a were very easy to do.
I now have the intake/ecu mod/exhaust installed. each were easy to install. the instructions were clear.

performance has been boosted, at best its zippy.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zippy is as good as it gets with 3.8L.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:36 AM
JK Newbie

Banks Ram Air Intake & Banks Monster Exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YR2GbhR310
Old 11-09-2009, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by stormcooker
The stage 2 chip requires 91 octane fuel, and recomends a 180 degree thermostat. Did you install the thermostat and do you run 91 octane?
yes to 91 octane and it runs great, no pinging/detonation. I will try 89 to see if theres a difference.

I haven't changed the thermostat yet. I will though, the operating temp has increased.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Intake- K&N 63-1553, would've gone with the AEM or busted the bank with an AEV snorkel but the K&N is dependable, the poly-mesh bags they sell for a reasonable price make cleaning the filter A LOT easier. +.02mpg avg, pretty negligent but sounds nice

Quick Reply: exhaust/intake upgrade recomendation???