Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Exhaust flange bolts

Old 10-03-2020, 06:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust flange bolts

Hi I’m trying to install the exhaust spacers from teraflex. The bolts to remove the flange say 13mm it doesn’t quite fit I try 12mm too small. I have tried the equivalent in stander size still no luck. Anyone else have this issue? Thank you
Old 10-03-2020, 09:50 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

I just went and checked on mine for you.....and 13mm fits no issue. Is that jeep original to you? Maybe a previous owner rounded em off a bit with a 12-pt socket?
Old 10-03-2020, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for checking! I just checked and cleaned them up they had a bunch of dirt on them looks like they may be rounded off some. I got extraction sockets just wanted to use that as a last resort thanks!
Old 10-04-2020, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

This is happening with all vehicles now as the last imperial measurement bastion in the world - USA- is going metric finally. Sad part is everyone has to buy new tools as I believe Jeep JK's are all metric now. I have some BSW (British Standard Whitworth) tools which fit some metric bolts perfectly though. Got them when I started work in 1970.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:12 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
This is happening with all vehicles now as the last imperial measurement bastion in the world - USA- is going metric finally. Sad part is everyone has to buy new tools as I believe Jeep JK's are all metric now. I have some BSW (British Standard Whitworth) tools which fit some metric bolts perfectly though. Got them when I started work in 1970.
My first wife had a Ford Pinto years ago. And I had to replace the flywheel because the ring gear lost a few teeth. And I recall a caution about some threaded studs at the bell housing that happened to be where Ford had decided to divide between metric and SAE on the vehicle. Everything one direction was metric; everything the other was SAE. And these crossed that plane. There was a warning that, while the threads looked similar, one was indeed a metric thread, and the opposite side was SAE. Use care to not insert them backwards, read the service manual caution.

Quick Reply: Exhaust flange bolts