Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which exhaust

Old 09-25-2008, 11:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Strong Bad
Anyone have any audio of their set up? I am also looking for a better sounding exhaust. I would like to hear it before I buy. I don't want to be running down the trail sounding like a Honda Civic.
We'll, I have one video clip of me climbing a steep A$$ hill, sound does not really do justice, but it is a taste of the Magnaflow....totally louder than stock....I get alot of comments that it sounds great....nothing negative. click link below...disregard my brother cheering me on.... I think I took about 4000 miles off the tread of my Pro Comps going up that hill...

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...0080906191.flv
Old 09-26-2008, 02:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

ordered the gibson dual and the hypertech this morning
Old 09-26-2008, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Theres a ton of video clips on Youtube of JK's with aftermarket exhaust systems.

Just Youtube: JK Exhaust
Old 09-26-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the audio. Sounds pretty good.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have the gibson split and i love it. Great exhaust easy install and sounds awesome. A little to loud in 4wl on the trials but nothing you cant live with. good choice.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

That gibson dual sounds sweet. What are the downsides?
Old 09-27-2008, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

I have the gibson dual and I don't have any problems with it. I love the sound, especially with the doors and top off. When you first install it though be prepared for it being pretty loud. After you break it in though it settles down into a nice deep tone. Just watch yourself with the gas. I find myself revving the engine just to hear it all the time .
Old 09-27-2008, 04:53 AM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

I want that Gibson split dual straight back exhaust! Does the tow hook impede it any way?
Old 09-27-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

i have heard good things about the flowmaster 40. Go to youtube.com and do a search. There are a couple of videos available.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 rubi
which exhaust should i get for my 2dr rubicon
What is your objective? Are you looking for high RPM power or low end torque, or just for looks and sound.
As with any vehicle, the JK's stock exhaust has been tuned to the engine for maximum power and efficiency throughout the entire power band. Although changing the exhaust will have some effect on the engine, contrary to the company's boasting that this exhaust will add 20% more HP is just BS. It does not work like that.
It is true that by increasing the diameter of the piping and installing a more free flowing muffler will give a bit more power at higher RPM's it will also decrease the low end torque. That is the laws of thermal dynamics. And that is just what will happen if the engine is not modified to produce more power.
All these bolt on do-dads like the high performance intakes with high flow filters and the TB spacers, as well as high performance exhaust systems, will add littler or no power to an engine that has not been modified for these components. They will in fact change the power band characteristics a bit, but nothing more. If you are looking for a bit more power in the high RPM range, a free flowing muffler will fit the bill. There are a few reputable company's that make these. Gibson, Banks, Burns, MagnaFlow, Flowmaster and the likes. Each will produce pretty much the same tone, although some might be a bit louder than others.

Quick Reply: which exhaust