Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

exhaust

Old 12-31-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default exhaust

nvm lol made my mind up on the exhaust

Last edited by samhardy2008; 12-31-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: nvm to the whole thread lmao
Old 12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have an exhaust shop install 2 highflow cats and put a flowmaster in place of the stock muffler. Personally the highflow cat would probably be a waste of money. After your $160 in cats + Muffler + Labor, I doubt you would be pleased.

I just did a dynomax 6" round for $70 and dumped it before the axle.... Good sound and no drone in the cabin....

good luck

br
Old 12-31-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

i only had one cat installed i cut the two factory ones off on my f150, honestly did run better with the different exhaust set up i had...and yeah i like the dynomax sound but i was checkin out a jk with the 40 series and it sounds pretty good.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Freak

thanks for you input .....but man i gotta say ive just never been a big fan of dumped exhaust...but to each there own, but my exhaust on my ford was a side swept exhaust so it might aswel have been dumped lol....too bad the jks dont come with atleast a small v8, theres no replacement for displacement lol small v8,supercharger, or turbo and a aggressive cam....a man can dream

Quick Reply: exhaust