Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO Sleeve/Gusset Installation Cost

Old 11-28-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by armycop
Have you tried to call David at Northridge? He may be able to give you a better estimate. I asked him once but I forgot what he quoted me for the total package.
I should give him a buzz and see if I can get a quote of hours. I just spoke with the shop locally who I was looking to have my gears done at. Right now I am getting quoted at $640.00 for gears, sleeves and gussets installed. That's $225/axle for gears, and the 3 hours for gussets and sleeves.

I would love to have Northridge do it, but boy is that a long drive. Plus I don't have a way to trailer the JK home.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

22 holes that seems kinda extreme I have the Tf sleeves there are 6 holes in the long side and 4 in the short side I don't see why you would need more than that. Yes mine o my to about 30 minutes to drill holes and weld when u have a shop with tools right in front of you its not that hard. Also there was no need to remove axles.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Why not contact EVO? They will give you the hourly estimate.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman

Well thanks a lot for chiming in with bad information for a product you do not seem familiar with. I am sure it did help the op with his question about installing evo sleeves. The evo sleeves have 4 rows of holes on both sides of the diff. The top, bottom, front, and back of the tube is drilled with a 1/2" bit. If you have a right angle drill that can handle a 1/2" bit then you should be able to drill the top of the tube without removing the axle. It is much easier to do if the axle is off the vehicle when you drill.
So you telling me that the evolution sleeves have holes in them? That doesn't sound right not sure why they would put holes in the sleeve itself.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jesse0376
So you telling me that the evolution sleeves have holes in them? That doesn't sound right not sure why they would put holes in the sleeve itself.
No, he is saying that when you install them you must have 4 rows of holes in the axle tube, top, bottom, front, rear. Then you puddle weld the sleeves in place through these holes and then 360 weld them at the end of each tube.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I figures the sleeves themselves didnt have holes. I was just giving my opinion it doesent matter what sleeves I have they all do the same thing I would install evolution sleeves the exact way as my Tf such is 6 holes on long side 4 on the short and weld the end that's how I would do it if you would do it different that's fine. As for saying product I have no experience with is kinda dick cuz I have sleeves so yes I do have experience the only difference in the Tf and the evolution is the outer seals.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok well I will just say that im wrong dirtman your right. Sorry OP for giving you bad info! I guess my sleeves are not going to last because I didnt spot weld 22 holes in the tube.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I don't see doing the drilling and welding in 30 min I would expect more like 1.5 hours to drill and weld after the axles are apart. You really need to remove the axle so you can get to all the drill points. To break down the axle remove anddrill install weld and reassemble I would think somewhere from 4-6 hours so your estimate of $500 is reasonable. If you lived closer to me I would do them for you for $150
Cant wait to have you do mine. Cheapest you will find and get some first hand knowledge.

Quick Reply: EVO Sleeve/Gusset Installation Cost