Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO rocker panel protection

Old 09-07-2012 | 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaydoc1
Sometimes that IS the point.
that makes sense and I thank you for your honesty - they do look awesome!
Old 09-07-2012 | 10:05 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by lkjk
I have a question - I have the evo sliders and haven't hit them once....why would anyone ever need the rocker panels? obviously a lot of companies make these, but i just don't see the point if you have sliders.....seems like a giant waste of money to me for no reason. You cannot hit these with sliders, so whats the point besides looks?

It's double awesomeness that's all. I opted out for the main reason that I don't need more holes in my Jeep and the East Coast winters to be friends any more than they are.
Old 09-08-2012 | 04:15 AM
JK Junkie

love the EVO stuff... yes get your self a good quality nutsert tool you will be thankful you did i used the marson giant threader one.. worked great

Old 09-11-2012 | 01:02 PM
JK Freak

Default sliders

To lkJK , what kind of wheeling do you do to never hit your sliders? I don't have the EVO brand , but I have bashed mine up to the body several times and have taken them off , bent the brackets back into shape , and repeated . I do like rocks though , and live by the Rubicon!
Old 09-11-2012 | 01:50 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dahreno
To lkJK , what kind of wheeling do you do to never hit your sliders? I don't have the EVO brand , but I have bashed mine up to the body several times and have taken them off , bent the brackets back into shape , and repeated . I do like rocks though , and live by the Rubicon!
What brand of sliders do you have?
Old 09-11-2012 | 09:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dahreno

I am pretty careful with tire placement and i'm stock height, so typically I will get high centered on the gas tank skid before I would come close to my sliders.

The reason you are probably surprised, and I am too, is because these mount pretty high. They are welded to the frame with the top of the mount on the top part of the frame, and they are angled up....so they are a lot higher than pretty much any other brand I've seen minus a couple. I had some sliders on my last truck (nissan) that got hit a lot and it was lifted a lot more and wheeled on easier trails....i'm guessing the EVO sliders are just engineered perfectly to maximize clearance compared to the competition

So far I've ran a fair amount of trails in Moab and CO, I typically wheel at least once a weekend usually twice....and my moab trip was a little over a week. Ive also only owned it 2 months though, so i'm sure they will get beaten up
Old 09-12-2012 | 02:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by lkjk

I am pretty careful with tire placement and i'm stock height, so typically I will get high centered on the gas tank skid before I would come close to my sliders.

The reason you are probably surprised, and I am too, is because these mount pretty high. They are welded to the frame with the top of the mount on the top part of the frame, and they are angled up....so they are a lot higher than pretty much any other brand I've seen minus a couple. I had some sliders on my last truck (nissan) that got hit a lot and it was lifted a lot more and wheeled on easier trails....i'm guessing the EVO sliders are just engineered perfectly to maximize clearance compared to the competition

So far I've ran a fair amount of trails in Moab and CO, I typically wheel at least once a weekend usually twice....and my moab trip was a little over a week. Ive also only owned it 2 months though, so i'm sure they will get beaten up
Sounds like a pretty solid first two months... I'm pretty jealous.

Quick Reply: EVO rocker panel protection