Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO rocker panel protection

Old 09-02-2012 | 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Default EVO rocker panel protection

Hey I was wondering if anybody had a write up for this? EVO: Bumper/Armor/Skids, EVO MFG(4) Rock Skins JK Rocker Panel Protection As I haven't ordered them yet and was looking to, but want to research it more in detail. And is the installation hard / long? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2012 | 01:22 PM
JK Junkie

You take the doors off, line it up in the jeep, clamp it down punch center holes for the drilling, take it off drill holes spray paint holes to prevent rust, insert nurserts (spring for the tool you'll be grateful you did) clamp back up insert a bead of silicone along the top to keep water out, insert hardware and done. Its fairly straight forward. I have found with any body armor the more clamps the better at getting it to sit nice and flush with no room for mounting hole error.
Old 09-02-2012 | 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you, Would you happen to know the size of the nut riveting tool required?
Old 09-02-2012 | 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the evo sliders. I'm going to weld them on. Do these skins protect the body from the sliders?
Old 09-02-2012 | 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

They fit between the sliders and the body but with the evo skins its more show than anything else since those sliders are never moving once there welded on. They provide a second layer of protection after the rails incase a rock actually might protrude through them.
Old 09-04-2012 | 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Ordered!
Old 09-07-2012 | 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Seeing as I wont be getting these for a while... umm I was wondering if anybody knew the bolt size required for the install so that I can order the correct sized Nut riveter. I'm taking a guess in that from the pictures I've seen it's 1/4"-20 but telling a bolt size from a picture isn't the best idea...

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-07-2012 | 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a question - I have the evo sliders and haven't hit them once....why would anyone ever need the rocker panels? obviously a lot of companies make these, but i just don't see the point if you have sliders.....seems like a giant waste of money to me for no reason. You cannot hit these with sliders, so whats the point besides looks?
Old 09-07-2012 | 09:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by lkjk
You cannot hit these with sliders, so whats the point besides looks?
Sometimes that IS the point.
Old 09-07-2012 | 09:27 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by grandpa jeep
I have the evo sliders. I'm going to weld them on. Do these skins protect the body from the sliders?
No, the sliders won't ever hit these..

It's a 1/4-20 nutsert

Quick Reply: EVO rocker panel protection