Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO plush ride + King bypass shocks

Old 04-06-2016, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blizz
Thank you! Sold on the mc springs. Now to stick with 3.5 or drop to 2.5. Hmm...
I did 3.5 in the rear and 2.5 in the front which is actually 3.0 for the front to level the jeep so you end up with 3.0 in the front and 3.5 in the rear at least that's the way it was with the rock krawler coils. Check on that if is the same go for the 3.5 in the rear it gives you room to load it up.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ripa777
Finishing up MC 3.5 w King 2.5 OEMs later today. Will let u know how it rides.

Attachment 642835
Can you tell us where you bought the springs and shocks and how much? If not, can you PM me the info please. Very interested in this setup also.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Blizz
It doesn't seem like too many people are using the bypass unless paired with coilovers.
Were the EVO coils your first set or did you have previous coils to compare them to?
I'm also looking at the metalcloak dual rates.
Just saw this. They were my second set. First set was ProComp 2.5 inch coils with the ES9000 shocks and well it rode like a Jeep. Only reason I went with them is that is what the dealership offered. Had I done my homework I would have definitely went a different route the first time. If you have not chosen a lift or coils I would highly recommend finding Jeeper's in your area with different lifts and ask for a ride. Biggest reason for this is that ride is 100% subjective and what some like others may not and another reason is no one really wants to admit they spent their money on something that did not perform up to their expectations.

R/
Will
Old 04-07-2016, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by T&ERun
Can you tell us where you bought the springs and shocks and how much? If not, can you PM me the info please. Very interested in this setup also.
The lift is MetalCloak 3.5 GAmeChanger (without shocks) $2000 and shocks r King OEM 2.5s w res and adjusters $1800.

http://www.kingshocks.com. They have a dealer network option on their website.

Quick Reply: EVO plush ride + King bypass shocks